Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Particular situations... 11 years 7 months ago #1243

since for a couple days I have more free time, and was lurking around when I saw this . After I talk to him abaout !rules 14 he understtod and fixed . (yes... that was the situation AFTER I point player to server rules. After that... he told me: "But I can't build ships!". True, and I've checked: <%ttd-srv3> Current vehicle limits: Trains: 500, Road vehicles: 500, Ships: 0, Aircraft: 0 | Station spread: 20 tile(s), Train length: 7 tile(s). Wich means... players CAN'T get those industries!
Ofc... there's always the way of trying to fix similar situations:
- disable oil rigs (where ships = 0)
- create exceptions in !rules 14 (depending of server limits)
- disable !rules 14 in servers where no ships allowed;

well, personally I won't talk more about rule 14... but in a situation as mentioned above, what can a player do without breaking server rules?! (player name is not important... understandable)

note: diplomacy worked again, despite the fact that was goo industries but player couldn't reach them without violating rules. Anyway... he respected server rules... and I promised him to start a talk about this particular situation...
Ofc, I guess this is not new... already happened... and solutions needed... "couple" suggestions above :)

Edit: this could be on Server rules forum too... but is a suggestion
  • ST2
  • ST2's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 628

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by ST2. Reason: marked as Edit

Re: Particular situations... 11 years 7 months ago #1246

We will discuss this when im back, we need to check and correct some of the rules anyway according to the server settings, so I guess it's a good idea to do that ASAP. :-)

Re: Particular situations... 11 years 7 months ago #1247

Most of the reason is server 3 is Quick goal so this is unusual to happen there :unsure: Server starts in 1965 and games are usually over well before any rigs are built (can be done in 4 years).

And yes disable oil rigs would be the best thing here, but there just isnt a setting to do that as far as we know :(

Last edit: by Teckers.

Re: Particular situations... 11 years 7 months ago #1249

Been thinking about putting the boat limit to 2 for this quickie, nearly every game finishes before oil rigs get constructed and 99% of games no one goes for it if one does appear. So was holding back for that reason. Cheers for pointing it out though :)
  • cxc
  • BTPro RETIRED Moderator
  • Thank you received: 35

Re: Particular situations... 11 years 7 months ago #1254

yeah, until max 5 ships won't hurt (too much) the server and oil rigs (when appear) are acessible accordingly the rules.

Meanwhile, saw this too: Station spread: 20 tile(s), Train length: 7 tile(s). Since the difference between those values doesn't make sense, I'll suggest: Station spread: 7 tile(s), Train length: 7 tile(s). (or eventually Station spread: 8 tile(s))
  • ST2
  • ST2's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 628

Re: Particular situations... 11 years 7 months ago #1255

Nothing wrong with station spread. 7 tiles of station with 10 platforms would be above the 7 tile spread limit you suggest for example. It allows additional space for transfer stations to be connected onto the main station without any complications. Otherwise it would just be silly to have it smaller to like a 7x7 station spread area since if the station was joint horizontally to a 7x2 station then the transfer in platform could only be a max of 5 tiles :)
  • cxc
  • Thank you received: 35

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.033 seconds
Best hosting deal on hostgator coupon or play poker on party poker
Copyright 2020 Particular situations... - BTPro - OpenTTD Community.