Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

CB's 2x2 road grid 8 years 1 month ago #5059

several reasons lead to this change.

ALL CB servers use now 2x2 town road grid

not many people will notice but I guess some will be appreciated for it.

Anyway, all pros and cons suggestions/opinions are welcome :)
  • ST2
  • ST2's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 628

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

CB's 2x2 road grid 8 years 1 month ago #5062

I guess i wont play CB anymore.. (not like without this I would have played it that much, but now no way)

Cons: I don't know when/where, sometimes in the past it was discussed that wich city system is the best by how many houses can there be in a certain area, and it was:
swatiska is a little better than 3x3, and 2x2 is just bad.
So I decided to use the 3x3 one, because swatiska is way too complex for me to build, and I don't intend to change it, because it worked fine.

I guess however now it's easier to buid swatiska, though new players have no idea what it is, so the 2x2 is the option, which is quite bad.

Since I don't play that much, if somebody asked it to be 2x2 for whatever reason, then it's ok for me. Though the only CB server I may play is the #11 one, so I really don't care about the other CB servers.

I don't say to change it back just for me, it's just my opinion.
  • NaB
  • Thank you received: 6

Last edit: by NaB.

CB's 2x2 road grid 8 years 1 month ago #5063

2x2 is only the start grid. you can adapt to whatever you want, like some players adapted 3x3 to 2x2 or some random chaotic roads.

Main reason was to get rid of the random road types (at start) in some towns, wich was the possible cause (from the tests I made on former server #XX) to CB script stop working leading to the well known "growth bug".

I'm not a CB player, as known ^^, and the reason all CB's were moved to 2x2 was to standardize (calibrate) the CB's we have. Not saying that one or another server won't be put to 3x3 but let get all on same common ground and collect opinions/game experiences from players :)

hint: As I said, I'm not a CB player, but with all tests made (including all test servers), "swastica" system is way more advanced and easier to maintain/upgrade and place stations. Requires practice, yes... but once you start using it... you won't go back ^^
  • ST2
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

CB's 2x2 road grid 8 years 1 month ago #5067

I kinda liked the random roads... you could pick the town layout you preferred.
But with the explanation from ST2 that this could help fix the growth bug, i'm all for it. Often players don;t recognise the bug en you get stuck in an endless game where a voterestart fails bc other player don't react or don't believe you when you explain its an annoying bug.

CB's 2x2 road grid 8 years 1 month ago #5068

well, since the gamescript didn't crashed, I haven't a crash error to search a solution for it :(

took some time narrowing the possible causes, not 100% sure will fix but, almost 3 days after changes and no reports of the infamous "growth bug". So, I guess we're on the right track ^^

Thank you for the understanding :)
  • ST2
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

CB's 2x2 road grid 8 years 1 month ago #5069

Well I didn't know about any growth bug :D
I guess it's a new thing, I'm not playing many CB-s nowadays.
(Is this the bug when u have 554 from 555 thing, so the town won't grow? :D )

So then somedays I'll try the swatiska, maybe,, or transforming the town to 3x3 just because :P
  • NaB
  • Thank you received: 6

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.036 seconds
Best hosting deal on hostgator coupon or play poker on party poker
Copyright 2020 CB's 2x2 road grid - BTPro - OpenTTD Community.