Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

First round details - Intercommunity Tournament 10 years 7 months ago #2119

Hello everyone,

The first round for the intercommunity tournament against n-ice and novapolis will be taking place on Sunday 22nd September at 14:00 (GMT+1/BST) / 15:00 (CET) being hosted by BTPro.

There will be 40 spectator placers available on this server for people who wish to watch the game progress. If you do join in on the server, please remember to keep public chat to a minimum. If you press ctrl + enter, this will enable spectator team chat, allowing you to talk as much as you like without disturbing/ distracting the players.

The first match will take place on a specially made 50,000 population goal BTPro CityBuilder server on the desert landscape. The teams will consist of three players each, there will be no substituting players midgame.

There will be five requirements needed for your town to grow, which are:

Passengers (~6,000 passengers required in total per month)
Mail (~3,000 bags required in total per month)
Food (~4,000 tonnes required in total per month) at 500 population
Water (~4,000 tonnes required in total per month) at 1000 population
Goods (~4,000 tonnes required in total per month) at 1500 populaton

Please note that the total requirement values are just rounded off for ease.

The game will begin in year 2000, so monorail is available. The vehicle limits are as follows: 500 trains, 500 road vehicles, 50 planes, no ships.

The game is expected to take up to four hours to reach goal (including pre-game announcements)

The BTPro team is made up of the following players (the top 3 winners from the qualifiers):

Gelidis (confirmed)
vGelder (confirmed)
NaB (confirmed)

We also have a shortlist of players that can take one of the places in the team if one fails to show before the game starts. This includes the following players:

Cossack (confirmed)
cxc (confirmed)

If you wish to put your name down as a reserve player then please post down below so long as you are available on that time or see me on IRC and I will add you to the list. Please note this will not be a first come first serve basis. The ordering on the reserve list however indicates which people will be picked first, second, third etc and is entirely based on my opinions.

For the Intercommunity Tournament a special BTPro rule set will be in force, which has some benefits for tournament play over the standard BTPro Servers.

***********************************************************************************************************************
********************************* Rule Update for Tournament Server ********************************************
******************************************* As of 18/09/2013 *******************************************************
***********************************************************************************************************************

Standard BTPro rules apply for the BTPro CityBuilder tournament match on Sunday 22nd September.

There will be no exceptions for this match due to us, wanting to showcase to the wider OpenTTD community how CityBuilder on BTPro is actually done and how to play by our rules! As it will not set a good example for a differing rule set for those that spectate.

This means no distant joining stations, no sat stations in the middle of your towns to gain easy food, water and goods coverage. You will all need to plan how to build the perfect support network from the beginning of the game to the very end in order to ensure optimal growth throughout the game.

It was always intended for this change to occur for two reasons. The first and most important being as the BTPro rule set was recently updated to remove certain exceptions to the rules for CityBuilder servers. The second was to prevent you all from coming up with optimal town planning strageties (especially the BTPro team to make things fairer!) before the match began :) So good luck everyone and I'll say it will be one tough and tight competition for the number one spot!

Hope to see a lot of you on the 22nd of September :)

Regards,

cxc
Server admin
The following user(s) said Thank You: Frank, ST2, BlueBox, HSquishy, vGelder
  • cxc
  • cxc's Avatar Topic Author
  • BTPro RETIRED Moderator
  • Thank you received: 35

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by cxc.

First round details - Intercommunity Tournament 10 years 7 months ago #2163

i think the 40k goal is a bit low and could be done in 2hrs or less, maybe 50 or 60k?

Regards

HSquishy
Server Admin

First round details - Intercommunity Tournament 10 years 7 months ago #2166

Yep we made it in 2 hours, and havent even played without mistakes.
  • NaB
  • Thank you received: 6

First round details - Intercommunity Tournament 10 years 7 months ago #2167

Well since the map size has been reduced to how it would be in the actual tournament, perhaps we can have the BTPro Chosen Ones to go against a second team on a 50,000 population goal to see how that spans out :) I'm definitely thinkin 50,000 instead as I would have thought it would take at least another 30 minutes than it did :)

What do you all think?
  • cxc

First round details - Intercommunity Tournament 10 years 7 months ago #2168

Its ok for me, however getting a date that is good for all 6 players is even harder than for 3 players what isnt that easy as well.
  • NaB
  • Thank you received: 6

First round details - Intercommunity Tournament 10 years 7 months ago #2169

Well the idea is to bring in 3 people who want to take part if I can't find anyone then it'll just be another practice like last time but on the newer settings :)
  • cxc

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.071 seconds
Best hosting deal on hostgator coupon or play poker on party poker
Copyright 2020 First round details - Intercommunity Tournament - BTPro - OpenTTD Community.