Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Rules updated to v1.3 10 years 7 months ago #2161

I'll repeat myself again, but I'll try to clear it up even more.

With the exceptions there were, people started abusing it (granted, it was mostly with station spreading). I myself experienced that I was explaining what reasonable spreading and land claiming was and when it was allowed and when it wasn't endlessly. Players kept discussing or ignoring the rules because it wasn't clear, people abused the exceptions that were in place for own towns. That is why all exceptions are taken away and all servers have one set of rules now.

Part of the problem was for example, that in 25k CB the town can grow out of the claimed area. Can you only claim in your area, or can you claim around your town, however far out it spreads.

Fact is, that the 'golden rule of citybuilding' wasn't maintainable because players kept abusing it.

I'm sorry that this one little change in the rules affects your feelings towards this community so much and affects the fun you have playing so much. I used to station spread inside my own town and as a player I wasn't thrilled that I had to change my playing style slightly to obey the rules, but it definitely wasn't a gamechanger for me. But if you really feel that this change in the rules is unacceptable for you, you can always look for other servers to play at. As you have seen, discussion about the rules is possible, we have discussed it here quite a bit now. That doesn't mean that if a rule is being discussed and questioned by one or multiple players, the rule has to be changed, even though the BTPro team is still behind the rule.

Your company won't be reset if you break a rule, server operators will always speak to you about it, trying to get into a conversation, explaining what is against the rules, answer questions about it. Only if you continue to ignore the rules and the operators, you risk a reset (or more). The same applies here, if one or more players don't agree with the rule, it doesn't mean that breaking said rule is then OK.
  • vGelder
  • BTPro RETIRED Moderator
  • Thank you received: 55

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by vGelder. Reason: spelling mistake

Rules updated to v1.3 10 years 7 months ago #2162

Frankly enough is enough Mulder, the case is closed and you have no idea how much trouble and effort I have gone through to make a rule list that is able to be effective for both moderators and players since the very beginning of joining BTPro. Players have always given feedback to help cover loopholes in the rules from day one to which I have listened to and in some cases incorporated. In other cases I have also removed rules that were too harsh and hard to follow.

However we have now reached a point to where we, the moderatoring team, are happy with the rules. They are clear and transparent. There is no confusion in the latest set. If exceptions are added back in then it will make the situation more complex. Land buying is a problem on all servers and players who are used to doing it will be seen by new players who think its okay to land reserve anywhere which creates a knock on set of problems.

We have given you the best ways to remove the need to buy land. You can place your rails down and put the station in later, that is acceptable. And if you are saying you do not have enough money to do that then your town can not be growing that fast in the first place to block your future station.

Please do not bring up the fact "I was willing to donate" this is an unfair statement to make when you are dissatisfied. Not everyone will be happy with the rules and I never expect them to be. Not every server has such harsh rules as compared to us. But as a community grows larger and larger, and the amount of players that are playing on BTPro at once can be above 100 at times, we the moderators need a set of rules that are clear enough for people to follow and easy for us to enforce. Trying to look after so many players is hard work and everyone on the BTPro team gives all their time and effort for free without complaining ever. Something that players do not appreicate fully.

I do appreicate your position and airing your complaints but please understand the decision to remove certain exceptions from your claimed town was not done off a whim. I do not expect you to agree with the decisions that were made but what I would like is for this conversation to be over please.

Remember BTPro is a community server which is provided free of charge for everyone to play on, funded mostly by the people on the adminstration team. Everyone on the administration side are doing this for the love of the game. We do not force you to play here if you are not happy, there are other servers who may have rules that are more suited to your play style.

I do not wish to keep repeating myself here about this issue. The rules stand. I am sorry if this message seems somewhat harsh and to the point but I am getting slightly frustrated that this is continuing to go on.

If you wish to comment further please start a thread in the appropriate topic rather than replying here please. But the rule will not change. You will have to accept this fact if you continue to play here.

Regards,

cxc
Server Admin
  • cxc
  • cxc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 35

Rules updated to v1.3 10 years 7 months ago #2164

Mulder
A piece of rail costs 100 pounds, 120 if the land is unused. Land reserving is free, if the land is unused then 20 pounds. 100 pounds is NOTHING.
If you cant afford 120 pounds, then probably you cant afford 20 as well because money is in negative.

You are arguing about 100 pounds for 4 pages... Seriously stop it. "-_-

Placing a piece of rail: hitting A and click
Reserving land: searching the landscaping, then searching the land reserving icon, then click.
  • NaB
  • Thank you received: 6

Rules updated to v1.3 10 years 7 months ago #2165

Thanks for the responses. Sorry if it seems like I was arguing simply for the sake of it, I really just wanted to understand what the point was of "changing" the rule for the city-builder games (which you will see is my favourite games on BTPro). I'll leave it at that as there's some point of view given which I'll accept.

As for my comment of "I was willing to donate" - well, that was a bit unfair to throw in, so I made the donation anyway. I was wrong throwing that in!!

Time to create page: 0.028 seconds
Best hosting deal on hostgator coupon or play poker on party poker
Copyright 2020 Rules updated to v1.3 - Page 4 - BTPro - OpenTTD Community.