Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

City growing mechanics 7 years 3 months ago #5746

Hi tulkas,

What do you mean it disappears?

Normally I just have trains transfer cargo to a station on the edge of the city and then have trucks pick it up and deliver it to another station inside the city - I can control the amount delivered in a month by the number of trucks running.

Note that you need to have more coming in by train than going out by truck so the cargo builds up and the trucks never run out of stuff to deliver.

Note also that you have to keep watch and add trucks every few months to keep up with the rising requirements.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

City growing mechanics 7 years 3 months ago #5747

If you let station rating drop too much you can loose a lot of stored cargo. It's just a regular game mechanics and has nothing to do with GS at all. To avoid it build station within town advertisement range (20 tiles for large one iirc) and do regular advertisement to keep ratings close to 100%. You can store up to 4k without any losses this way.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tulkas
  • dP
  • Thank you received: 34

Last edit: by dP.

City growing mechanics 7 years 3 months ago #5752

I didn't know station rates was the cause, Thanks!

Also I'll add that since posting my question, I realized that overbuilding stations and queuing trains for loading is highly advisable too.

City growing mechanics 7 years 3 months ago #5761

Not really convinced by the double spiral method. I still had 3 CS somehow. What is the proper way to prevent CS'?

City growing mechanics 7 years 3 months ago #5762

You mean 3 CS for the entire game? It's a really good result. Town growth is somewhat random so you can't completely prevent CS, only reduce the chance of it. And double spiral is really good at it, we had like 20 CS for entire 100k town compared to 100+ with other layouts. What's more important it doesn't require any additional effort to achieve that. Yes, you can prabably get even less CS if micromanage your roads, but usually it's not worth the effort.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Goodblue77
  • dP
  • Thank you received: 34

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.042 seconds
Best hosting deal on hostgator coupon or play poker on party poker
Copyright 2020 City growing mechanics - Page 2 - BTPro - OpenTTD Community.