Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

City won't grow faster. 7 years 7 months ago #5468

I'm playing the city-builder 8000-game. See my attached image and save game.
My town has a growth rate of 40, but I cannot find a reason why my town is not growing faster.
The only thing is that I have 2 large train stations but there's enough room for expansion of the city.

The number of passengers and mail are enough to let the city grow. But I'm already transporting Goods to the city, but It's strange that this line is not displayed.

Does somebody have a suggestion how to grow my town faster?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

City won't grow faster. 7 years 7 months ago #5469

I've uploaded the image and save game to an other host:

Image: ufile.io/eaeae
Save game: ufile.io/32496

City won't grow faster. 7 years 7 months ago #5472

Sometimes the server gets stuck and the growth rate won't go down - it's linked to population size and should be way lower at 2500 (like about 5 days). When this happens you either have to wait ages till someone wins, or restart the server by typing "!voterestart" (and telling anyone else playing to vote).
The following user(s) said Thank You: tomb

City won't grow faster. 7 years 7 months ago #5473

Tobus is 100% right.

Here is the screenshot of another situation (server #28, now). See GR = 30,996. GR is the number of days town takes to build a new building, so... for players it equals infinity :|

uploadfiles.io/5020b

Additional observation is: all the numbers in City Window and Goal Window are frozen from the moment GR became so high.

I play a lot, I have played hundreds of CB games. Up to yesterday I spotted this problem only once (since the beginning of 2015). And I know there was a test server some time ago to find the bug. No luck.

But... I saw this problem yesterday, on server #10, now it is found on server #28. Have you changed anything in the game script guys, lately, or I just have luck? ;-)
  • tomb
  • -=EPIC Donator=-
  • -=EPIC Donator=-
  • Thank you received: 234

City won't grow faster. 7 years 7 months ago #5475

Your grow rate is extremely high, and has a value which cannot be reached in a normal game.

But is this bug also detected in the original game of OpenTTD? Or only in this modified version?

City won't grow faster. 7 years 7 months ago #5476

Servers #10-#15A can't be compared with servers #27-#30. First group uses a homemade CB gamescript based on Neighbours are important and the second uses Aphid's CB GameScript .

As tomb said, we already had a test server trying to catch the "growth bug" that happens on the 1st group of servers. The "no luck" part is because the gamescript never crashed... simply stop working without any crash and, therefore, no logs to search. Will need a deeper investigation that, sadly, I'm lacking time for it :(

What happens on the 2nd group of servers (Aphid's CB) it's different, it's a real script crash. Will be easier to find... when some free time pops up ^^
Since only noticed on server #28, and regular servers don't save output logs, in a couple days I'll move #28 to a test server and invite tomb to test it :P

In both cases, sorry for the inconvenience :)

Edit: @tomb - no changes made since the merge of Aphid's v117, some months ago ^^
The following user(s) said Thank You: tomb
  • ST2
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 628

Last edit: by ST2.
Time to create page: 0.032 seconds
Best hosting deal on hostgator coupon or play poker on party poker
Copyright 2020 City won't grow faster. - BTPro - OpenTTD Community.