Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

SRV #13 & #13a - fastest game 8 years 3 weeks ago #5094

Helo citybuilders!

I have finished a few games so far, but still cannot overcome one thing. And this is time.
There were some games seemed to be “perfectly played” – everything was delivered at time(with multi quantity), the city was constantly growing over and over. Without dead ends, decently designed road. I even looked at game code and applied to it.
My best time up to now is 42 min. Have no idea how you got less. Any clues?

wodzu
  • wodzu
  • wodzu's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by wodzu.

SRV #13 & #13a - fastest game 8 years 3 weeks ago #5095

I'll leave comment space for the CB experts ^^

meanwhile, remember that company rating in claimed town is a factor taken into account for growth calculation so, at start and ASAP, make 5 bus/truck stations, well served, to keep your company ratings always high :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tomppa
  • ST2
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 628

SRV #13 & #13a - fastest game 8 years 3 weeks ago #5097

Would need more info about your game. Town layout and how you start it up.
//Magnus 'Saber' Jonsson
  • Saber
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • FrankerZ
  • Thank you received: 34

SRV #13 & #13a - fastest game 8 years 3 weeks ago #5098

I'd say everything less than 40m is just luck and/or cheating. Since perfectly played games with regular towns average around 40-smth indeed.
  • dP
  • Thank you received: 34

SRV #13 & #13a - fastest game 8 years 3 weeks ago #5099

Thanks SAT2, I do start with that as soon as it is possible to transfer ppl/mails from such an area.

Saber, I’d say it typical.
1. 2x2 roads, no dead ends, perfectly circled around the middle.
2. 3 bus/mail stations, vehicle.
3. Connection to city with highest passengers/mails, train 7.0 long usually 5.0/2.0 ppl/mails
4. Additional 2 bus/mail stations when they’re accepted in the area.
5. …So on and so forth…
6. When stations start to accept goods, I’m starting delivering. Even though the city growth doesn’t demand that.
Oh, almost forgot. The goods are transferred from factory which is super close to the city. Like, really close as well as the cities from which the ppl/mails are transported from.
  • wodzu
  • wodzu's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0

SRV #13 & #13a - fastest game 8 years 3 weeks ago #5107

I'm stuck at the 40m barrier as well and despite trying numerous ideas, and playing "perfect" games with 1000 rating and all green cargo from the first few months, I have not been unable to get past it.

One thing I've noticed is that some parts the game that affect growth are based on the number of houses, not population. If you start with a town of 15 houses it might take ~6-10months to get to 25 houses (or wherever max GR goes from 25 to 16), but if you start with 22 houses it will only take 2-3, and it all goes exponentially from there... My current thinking is that the amazing ~30m times are acheived by entering a game late when you can start with a higher number of houses.

The suspicious part of me considers that someone could gain a time advantage by building a town up to ~490 pop/25 houses then !resetme, disconnect, claim that same town and start "from scratch" again, but with an advanced growth rate from day 1.... I might try it one day when ST isn't watching ( :P ) to see if it could possibly explain the 10m difference.

Time to create page: 0.030 seconds
Best hosting deal on hostgator coupon or play poker on party poker
Copyright 2020 SRV #13 & #13a - fastest game - BTPro - OpenTTD Community.