Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

town grows by itself? 8 years 4 months ago #4881

server 13 game 10084. goal 4k.
When my town got 3k population i stopped all my transport to look over my opponents network, and... I won in 2 month :ohmy:
How could it come that my town got ~800-1000 population without any cargo? :dry:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

town grows by itself? 8 years 4 months ago #4882

I think it's the Potential population (counting the houses that are being built).
Means that when you stopped vehicles your Potential population was already above the goal, causing houses completion without rebuilding some buildings.
If that, it's actually a trick used on CB's where Potential population is provided by the BTPro client (check included tools/modifications).

Anyway, if not this, lets hope more opinions of experienced CB players :P

Edit: and yes, even without deliveries, towns still grow; but it's so slow that's almost insignificant ^^
  • ST2
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 628

Last edit: by ST2.

town grows by itself? 8 years 4 months ago #4883

Pretty much what ST2 said.

Houses are placed when your town get what it requires. All the houses takes 3 months to be built (= when you get the new inhabitants). The potential/real population is the population you will have after these buildings are completed. It's generally more useful to keep an eye on this number compared to the current population, because when this number has reached the goal you can just stop the deliveries.

town grows by itself? 8 years 4 months ago #4884

100 years live, 100 years learn as it's spoken. Thanks for guadiance 8)

ST2, unfortunatly i am unable to install the BTPro client. My computer is really junky and i lack brains to setup linux with flashplayer. As for windows XP it refuses to setup a lot of programs released after 2003, don't know the reason.

town grows by itself? 8 years 4 months ago #4885

I remember the times when we thought this was some miracle and we stopped early to gain that xtra pop. Such fools we were. However stopping early does make your houses not randomly change or disappear so we werent that far off ^^
//Magnus 'Saber' Jonsson
  • Saber
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • FrankerZ
  • Thank you received: 34

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.028 seconds
Best hosting deal on hostgator coupon or play poker on party poker
Copyright 2020 town grows by itself? - BTPro - OpenTTD Community.