Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Question | ..::CITY::.. growing 4 years 4 months ago #6980

Hello!
I tried all the search resaults in Google (that are not dated to 2010 at least)
about grwoing a CITY. the problem is all of the resaults are about TOWNS and not CITIES...
since i started my game 20~ hours ago on one of the Desert BTPro servers, I wasn't able to
increse the pop of ANY city at all. I have tried the following:
supply mail.
supply passangers.
supply food.
supply diamonds.
have 6 stations with 70 or more rating.
funding regularly.
completing the City roads

plz help?
  • RexyTheDog
  • RexyTheDog's Avatar Topic Author
  • ..:: There is a Dog ::..
  • Thank you received: 0

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by RexyTheDog. Reason: additional tries

Question | ..::CITY::.. growing 4 years 2 months ago #7053

Hello RexyTheDog

I will try to help you with the information I have.
Let's assume you are playing on one of the Desert BTPro servers as you said,

If the centre square of the town is in the desert, at least 1t of food and 1,000L of water per month must be delivered for the town to grow. The town information window will show whether food and water was delivered recently.

The towns will grow very slowly on their own, so in the case of small towns not large enough to accept food, it is simply a case of waiting for them to grow. As with any other cargo a station needs at least 8/8 of food acceptance in its coverage area before it accepts food.

Water must be delivered to a Water Tower industry. Water Towers may be generated automatically in towns, or a player may choose to fund one using the "Fund new industry" menu.

The amount of excessive food and water delivered has no effect on the rate of town growth.

If the centre square is not in the desert, food and water are not required for growth, although Water Towers may still exist in the town and food/water will be accepted.

about grwoing a CITY. the problem is all of the resaults are about TOWNS and not CITIES...

A city is a special form of town that will grow twice as fast as a regular town. A city is also larger to begin with.

If it is possible, I would recommend you to install the BTPro client version so you can see more detailed town growth speed on every town's information window, use the automatic regularly advertise or funding, and you could play any normal multiplayer too (not only BTPro servers).

Try server #15, if you saw me I would really happy to help on CB related stuff.
Hope it helps and see you around :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Frank, ST2, tomb

Question | ..::CITY::.. growing 4 years 2 months ago #7054

Hello RexyTheDog!

If you need any help, we can arrange a joint game session, and I can point you some mistakes or give you some hints. Send me PM if you are interested in such event, choose the server you want to play and the time. Usually around 10 p.m. CET is quite good for me.

Happy gaming!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Frank
  • tomb
  • -=EPIC Donator=-
  • -=EPIC Donator=-
  • Thank you received: 234

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.027 seconds
Best hosting deal on hostgator coupon or play poker on party poker
Copyright 2020 Question | ..::CITY::.. growing - BTPro - OpenTTD Community.