Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

"Back to School 2018" tournament 5 years 5 months ago #6793

Ok,lets go :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

"Back to School 2018" tournament 5 years 5 months ago #6794

Hello BTPronians :)

In a couple days we'll start our daily "lessons" around OpenTTD. And, there's no school day without surprises or guidelines. Tournaments aren't exception ^^.
Most noticeable is: Games will be of 1 hour and 30 minutes per day (there's alot to learn/play ^^). Solution found to leave happy the 1h and 2h supporters, a fair agreement in the middle! Will give a total of 1350 minutes (22 hours and 30 minutes) :D

Guidelines, to games and all things run smooth:
- When game is loaded from previous day, company passwords won't be there. That means everyone can join any company. So, make sure to join ONLY your legit company (login it helps), while I'll put password on each company - For this, and each day last save will be loaded 30 minutes before game really starts. I think it's a simple and understandable point, but to cover all possibilities, save may need to be reloaded, if any abuse spotted (I hope not, just to leave it stated here and avoid kicks or bans - most of the players I know won't do it, but... ^^)
- Some players/companies will certainly grow towns/cities to have another income source in later game. Even if towns/cities aren't "private", a bit more roads around them will be tolerated (with common sense and, if doesn't work, average of max 5 tiles from last house - number is only indicative). International airports will have a huge coverage anyway ^^.
- Related to the previous point, reserve space with roads/rail tracks/canals or whatever other method won't be allowed. And stations placed are to be used, with average tolerance of 4 years ingame (time to build tracks, etc).
- Competition will happen, for sure, on primary industries; it's allowed and not discouraged - after some hours of game, free resources will be scarce so, don't be shy! On secondary, rule #3 applies (special attention to airports coverages, if/when used)! With the group of registered players I think won't be an issue, I only wanted to reinforce it!

And it's all that comes to my mind now to clarify some things. As said, with the group of registered players I think we won't have problems :)
Good luck to all :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Frank, Bahnmeister, eLbot, tomb
  • ST2
  • ST2's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 628

"Back to School 2018" tournament 5 years 5 months ago #6797

Hello! It is interesting to play in the company with such professionals. It's an honour for me. If possible, reserve white for me. Sincerely, TJ Transport
The following user(s) said Thank You: ST2, tomb
  • TJ
  • Thank you received: 3

"Back to School 2018" tournament 5 years 5 months ago #6798

As things are heating up and there are only a few spots left, I'd like to sign up for one as well, just give me one of the remaining colors =).

"Back to School 2018" tournament 5 years 5 months ago #6799

Hello all,
I'd love to join this tournament, but I m not sure about my free time in upcoming days. Is anyone willing to take me under his wings and share a company with me? I dont need the points, nor the VIP membership (at least not for now :) ).
I shouldn't be a rookie as I have some TTD experience, but sharing some "company plan" would help.
Any reply/suggestion highly appreciated! Good luck in the game!
Aldoras
The following user(s) said Thank You: ST2, tomb, Puccini

"Back to School 2018" tournament 5 years 5 months ago #6800

Hey Aldoras,

if you're also free to voice chat during the tournament to coordinate, feel free to join me, being present on all days is probably not required, especially the later days.

Time to create page: 0.037 seconds
Best hosting deal on hostgator coupon or play poker on party poker
Copyright 2020 "Back to School 2018" tournament - Page 5 - BTPro - OpenTTD Community.