Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

hotels 11 years 1 month ago #1667

Hello all,

My first post here. I've recently started playing ttd again and thought I'd take the game online - for more fun and challenges. So here I am.

I want your opinion on the efficiency of funding clusters of hotels to boost production of passenger lines. Credit for the idea (that I find very clever, though maybe not what I would call elegant) goes to Majki CZ, unless it's something well known and new only to me.

Soo... back to laying down track. Cheers!
  • Cip
  • Cip's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: hotels 11 years 1 month ago #1668

Hello Cip!

Firstly I'd like to say, that I hope you're having a good time on the servers :)

But I'm afraid it's a well known thing! However the hotel trick is only really effective if you have 20+ hotels! And go cross map of course. Highly effective and a quick way to get money!

But remember that other players can compete with you at hotels hence if you and someone else are using the hotels then its basically 50% of the total passenger count for each of you! Meaning 40+ hotels would be required to make up the shortfall :P

I'm always one for doing the whole oil -> chemicals + petrol -> engineering supplies + farming supplies and supplementing production of chemicals and petrol using a biorefinery. Since farm and supplies pay much much more than you could hope to get from passengers. Also offers a fun experience too!

Good luck on your track laying adventures :D hope to see you around! :)

cxc
Server Admin
  • cxc
  • BTPro RETIRED Moderator
  • BTPro RETIRED Moderator
  • Thank you received: 35

Re: hotels 11 years 1 month ago #1680

Hi cxc! Thank you for the prompt and friendly reply! Everyone seems to be pleasant on these servers, so indeed, I'm having a very nice time.

I had a feeling it was a well known thing. Well, obviously. Since then I've seen it around quite a bit. I guess one should indeed fight over the passengers.

I tried out the strategy you pointed out - a simple and efficient way of producing large amount of supplies for all primary industries - I enjoyed my game very much. After the setup you describe I could make a lumber line that brought in a large percentage of my total income, but became tired before getting to connect the goods. Also, the game finished and it was my quickest finish. :)

How about this: is it ok to fight over the production of a primary industry when another company has invested a large amount of supplies to boost it? It sounds a little wrong to me. What do you think?
  • Cip
  • Cip's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0

Re: hotels 11 years 1 month ago #1681

Cip, there are quite clear rules on the BTpro servers that say what type of competition is allowed.

Rule #2 - Do NOT steal "GOODS" from other players' factories, sawmills, oil refineries, food processing plants, paper mills and printing works.
This is a BAD thing to do. Goods are protected on BTPro

Competition is encouraged, but limited! You do NOT own cities but you CAN claim a "GOODS" producing industry (i.e. Factories, Sawmills, Oil Refineries, Food Processors, Paper Mills and Printing Works). Hence another players' "GOODS" are off limits to you and should never be taken.

People CAN compete with you for any other resources on the map, such as Passengers, Mail, Valuables, Coal, Wood, Livestock, Grain, Wheat, Iron Ore, Oil and Gold.

Please note that "GOODS" is defined as: Goods, Food, Paper and FIRS related secondary and tertiary products.

you can find the whole ruleset here:
openttd.btpro.nl/wiki/index.php/Server_Rules

, it defines what you can do and cant. Competition that is allowed is encouraged.

Last edit: by McMoneysack.

Re: hotels 11 years 2 weeks ago #1712

sorry to dig up this thread, but I'm fed up of everyone spamming hotels
it seems against the point of the game if you can quickly make like 30000 tonnes of resources (nevermind pax) directly on top of your network, rather than finding it. It significantly reduces the importance of actually having the other industries around which I'm fairly sure wasn't the idea.

I can join the server and already like most towns are surrounded by hotels
its ridiculous. (how do you upload images?)

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.027 seconds
Best hosting deal on hostgator coupon or play poker on party poker
Copyright 2020 hotels - BTPro - OpenTTD Community.