Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Server issue 8 years 1 month ago #5038

Hello,
I’m new here, so “Hi” to everyone! It was nice to find a stable server and have some fun. Anyway, I’ve got some concerns which came across last time.

1. I’ve played a few games, but my games history is empty, why? I logged myself with token each game.

2. Yesterday I’ve played on server #5 LONG GOAL 1000MIL. When I left a server I had ~10mil pounds, and due to an easy calculation till morning I should collect about ~100mil in total. So 900mil left to complete the goal. When I enter a game in the morning (7hours later), the next game has started! There was the other player playing, on completely different map. So here’s my question: why a new game begun, whilst mine should have been on and I just completed it in about 10%?
I feel like I lost a few hours.

Looking forward to your answer.
wodzu
  • wodzu
  • wodzu's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by wodzu.

Server issue 8 years 1 month ago #5039

hi :)

I guess all your doubts are answered with this:
- You need (the player) to be in company to collect community points (leave computer on during the night, for example ^^);
- Registered players can start a voting to restart the map, with !voterestart, creating a new game and not achieving points on old game;
- 7 hours is too much time to leave an empty company in our servers (maybe survive on K1, but it's risky ^^). Check some times here ;
- With time, empty companies are clean, check auto reset policy by typing ingame !resetinfo

Hope it helps and enjoy the games :)
  • ST2
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 628

Last edit: by ST2. Reason: added !resetinfo info

Server issue 8 years 1 month ago #5040

Thank you for clearing it up. Highly accurate answer!
From my point of view, some of these points should be stated in rules at your server.
How does !voterestart works? It has to be 100% agreed, I mean, 4 out of 4 players in example?
  • wodzu
  • wodzu's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0

Server issue 8 years 1 month ago #5041

well, we think there's no need to include those points on rules, and there's a sticky post saying that, here :

Please note that you need to be IN YOUR COMPANY when the goal is reached, otherwise the points won't get counted!

About the voting system, needed % is set now to 65% and can always be checked ingame with !votestatus, returning info like this:

Vote type: <vote type: Restart/Kick/...> - Participants: <PlayersThatVoted> - Ratio: (Participants/PlayersInGame)%/65% - Time left: <TimeLeft>/180 seconds

Hope it helps, feel free to ask any doubts :)

Enjoy the games
The following user(s) said Thank You: tomb
  • ST2
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 628

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.057 seconds
Best hosting deal on hostgator coupon or play poker on party poker
Copyright 2020 Server issue - BTPro - OpenTTD Community.