Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

What's going on here (see attached): 9 years 5 months ago #3676

Sorry for late response, but no, I was actually specifically talking about CV games. I don't think there's a lot of cheating possible on CB servers that really takes multiple minutes off non-cheated gametimes.
  • vGelder
  • BTPro RETIRED Moderator
  • BTPro RETIRED Moderator
  • Thank you received: 55

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

What's going on here (see attached): 9 years 2 months ago #3885

vGelder wrote: It's slightly flawwed in cases where people who started up at the start, don't finish and get reset, while the map and current year stay the same. But, usually the industries in those maps have actually gone down on production. The later the map, the worse it usually is.

Well, i've just finished a game on Server 2, in which i started in the year 2050. I built one track and populated it, the track going diagonally, starting with the highest production coal mine at the time. This coal mine was yeidlding a production of approx 950 tonnes per month, before i placed the station, coupled with that there was also another 550 tonnes approx coal mine nearby (about 20 tiles) which i utilised to feed into the better one. Essentially though it was one direction coal loop (unlike what i usually do). I left this loop with enough trains to compensate for the envisaged increase in production, and yes i did see the production drop many times from this initial coal mine over the course of the game, but is was still way over the initial 950 tonnes i started with.

Therefore i have found that starting late, does indeed make the game easier and therefore Saber was right in his view concerning this. I've attached two jpeg's (which probably will be too large again to upload and therefore i shall skew them, which in turn may reduced their quality).

Also of note, whilst i was afk for the most part of the game, i had been reading various things including the BTPro boards. I found that the other player in the game was also registered here, so obviously clicked his profile to discover he's been resident here since 2013, which makes me wonder why they are so prolific in the ways of rule breaking. That player is called "uoziod", and his rule breaks are also conveniently included in my jpg's :o

Therefore without trying i've claimed the fastest time of 2015 (yes i can appreciate it's early days), for doing the littlest amount of track building.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.025 seconds
Best hosting deal on hostgator coupon or play poker on party poker
Copyright 2020 What's going on here (see attached): - Page 2 - BTPro - OpenTTD Community.