Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Money cheating on servers detected 9 years 11 months ago #2940

well, same as me. I simply dnt know how those profits were obtained: if legit, with 1 way trains or whatever...
I've trusted on Wolfe's judgements :)
  • ST2
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 628

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Money cheating on servers detected 9 years 11 months ago #2947

vGelder wrote: It seems legit to me, although the income for 6 trains in 1970 is quite high, it doesn't seem impossible.

Sorry but I still don't think that's possible.

The speed of the trains available in 1970, their cost, the construction and running cost and the length in seconds of the year makes that profit and expense in the first 365 game days almost certainly impossible.

I may be new in the forum, but I've been playing TT since the first years after its release.

Please enter the server and start from day 0, try to reproduce the finances of that first year, then tell me how close you get. I just did that, I reached $104.000 and had only $6.000 to spare by december 30, 1970.

If my english is not proper enough, I'm sorry, but my native language is spanish.
  • Andrex
  • Andrex's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1

Last edit: by Andrex.

Money cheating on servers detected 9 years 11 months ago #2949

Andrex,

Even IF it would be a bug, it's will be a bug in the OpenTTD code which makes this possible.

We are a OpenTTD community, but we are not the maintainers of the code of OpenTTD, therefor I think that IF you encounter a bug you should ask the OpenTTD team for help to fix that.

At this moment I think it's best if you just make a posting on the OpenTTD forum directly with your concerns although I'm still not certain that this is indeed a bug. Maybe they will be able to answer you how "things are possible". Their forum is:

tt-forums.net

Sorry we can't be of any assistance.

Money cheating on servers detected 9 years 11 months ago #2951

OK, I understand that it's not BTpro's fault, but just don't take this for a n00b issue like the first replies did because that is very offensive. I don't know if it's an error, a bug, an exploit, a money patch or what, but I certainly know it's not possible under normal conditions.

Reporting this in the tt-forums will be a waste of time because they'll probably say it's a server issue and wash their hands on the matter one way or the other. I had a recent exchange of opinions with the developers there, and in most cases they don't take forum reports seriously as long as they are not directly affected by the issue.
  • Andrex
  • Andrex's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1

Last edit: by Andrex.

Money cheating on servers detected 9 years 11 months ago #2952

First of all, The_Dude isn't affiliated with BTPro and I didn't call you a noob, I just pointed out that there's nothing wrong with the financial overview you posted. It all matches up, which makes it less likely it's a bug imho. If it is a cheat in some way, it shows up in the financial overview as train income, which I find very odd. Wouldn't it show up as 'other' income, or not even at all?

I still think the income is quite high, but I also still believe it isn't impossible. The only thing I can see from the picture is that you're using electrified rails while you use diesel trains, which is a waste of money, so is the double station where you only use 1 part, bridges aren't cheap either.

Again, I wasn't there to see it, maybe he sold the trains at the end of the route and rebought them at the beginning, which is a cheat. Or maybe he just got lucky with the map and made a great 2-way.

Imho the chance of it being some moneycheat or bug is quite small. But Frank (and ST2 earlier) are right, if it is, you need to report it to the OTTD developers.
  • vGelder
  • BTPro RETIRED Moderator
  • Thank you received: 55

Money cheating on servers detected 9 years 11 months ago #2953

Ok, you challenged me to try and reproduce the income from the screenshot, I went a 100k over it without using cheats or breaking server rules.

www.dropbox.com/s/et02n0fw9ezsspo/No%20moneycheat%201.png

www.dropbox.com/s/4z8axgo6jy25qt0/No%20moneycheat%202.png

I think this proves that there is no moneybug and that you can still improve your gameplay a lot if you get to 1/4 or 1/5 of this income.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Frank, ST2, Mikeftw
  • vGelder
  • Thank you received: 55

Last edit: by vGelder.
Time to create page: 0.032 seconds
Best hosting deal on hostgator coupon or play poker on party poker
Copyright 2020 Money cheating on servers detected - Page 2 - BTPro - OpenTTD Community.