Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Money cheating on servers detected 9 years 11 months ago #2928

A few minutes ago the K3 ULTRA HARD GOAL server restarted and a few players and me started from day 0. Immediately I spent all I could on a coal and a wood trains.

But after only 1 year I noticed this player Abagagu who had a huge infraestructure and many trains and stuff. When I checked his finances, I noticed there is something very wrong. He spent $467.000 on this first year, please tell me exactly HOW to do that when the maximum loan is $200.000. :angry:

I'll have to stay away from the BTpro servers until this issue is solved, because it's very regrettable to see this. I'm just wasting time when playing next to a player that uses money cheats, all the GOAL servers are ruined.
  • Andrex
  • Andrex's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Money cheating on servers detected 9 years 11 months ago #2929

maybe an OpenTTD bug... and about that, nothing we can do :(

anyway, noticed that Wolfe was ingame and that took measures. That's what we can do... and in this case our admin Wolfe took the action that he considered appropriate to the situation :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andrex
  • ST2
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 628

Money cheating on servers detected 9 years 11 months ago #2930

Thanks, indeed he took care of that player in a matter of minutes. ;)
  • Andrex
  • Andrex's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1

Money cheating on servers detected 9 years 11 months ago #2932

What exactly is the cheat here? This seems like noob's report.

If you think about it, he was able to have income from his 1st year trains already, so with 200k from loan and 460k income from trains, he could spend more than 200K at start.

This happend to good players all the time.

Just because you are not able to have income in first year it does not mean someone is cheating.

By the way, this is to Frank: even after upgrade of the forum engine, when I write a reply and use arrows or backspace in textarea, the browser get stuck and I have to restart it. So I think the previous problem was not still solved :-(
Admin of Novapolis OpenTTD servers, www.novapolis.net
  • TheDude
  • Novapolis admin
  • Thank you received: 11

Money cheating on servers detected 9 years 11 months ago #2933

Hi The_Dude,

Indeed, it didn't :-( I googled my ass off, but can't seem to find a solution or if someone else is having the exact same problem like we have on the forum here… pretty strange…

Anyways, indeed the problem of Andrex seems to be a question which is not really a question indeed. Also the way you write your words seem to be inappropriate to me, but maybe that's just me and my sensitive spot or something.

Anyway, The_Dude: working on it, Andrex: Please check if the problem is not with your gameplay, if it's a bug we are happy to assist you, but to be honest, I don't think it is!

Money cheating on servers detected 9 years 11 months ago #2939

I don't know the ins and outs of this, because I wasn't there, but just judging on the screenshots provided, it seems like there's absolutely nothing wrong there. You failed to see that the player had income in his first year as well, which he could re-invest.

If you do the math on the first year, you'll see that the balance is -17.960, where it could be -200.000 due to the loan.

It seems legit to me, although the income for 6 trains in 1970 is quite high, it doesn't seem impossible.

But if Wolfe took actions, maybe he can shed some more light on the issue.
  • vGelder
  • BTPro RETIRED Moderator
  • BTPro RETIRED Moderator
  • Thank you received: 55

Time to create page: 0.034 seconds
Best hosting deal on hostgator coupon or play poker on party poker
Copyright 2020 Money cheating on servers detected - BTPro - OpenTTD Community.