Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Server Issues? IRC dead? 10 years 6 months ago #2257

Serves Issues:
I seem to have very bad connection, it drops the sync in-game. Everything freezes and I get kicked out of the games I play on BTPro. I do play music on YouTube on 240p quality, so that shoud not matter, Is it just me, or are there server problems?
IRC dead:
There seems to be NO activity from admins at all when I play, this is becoming a huge issue, I have been playing some weeks where there has been no activity on the BTPro IRC servers. No admins respond if I put a '!admin' sign in-game, I placed one 7 hours ago, nothing. :huh:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Server Issues? IRC dead? 10 years 6 months ago #2260

hi,

if you only put a sign in-game with "!admin" it doesnt call a admin. Call a admin with "!admin <your reason>" via chat and set a sign to show the joining admin how is the problem.

Easyer, join the IRC directly and call a admin by name.

regards,
BB

Server Issues? IRC dead? 10 years 6 months ago #2261

It does actually send an admin request.

The line !admin <reason> does, but also a sign that starts with admin or !admin.

But....there isn't always a 24/7 coverage by admins. Every single admin does this voluntarily and next to their other activities, because they enjoy the game and want to help this community. That means that work and school and other stuff obviously comes before moderating the servers.
Seven hours of no response probably is because the sign was put up at a time no admin was online probably and nobody noticed it after coming online. Granted, maybe the admins should patrol servers a little more instead of only waiting for admin calls, which is being discussed right now and the admin team will look into the matter.

During the morning and early afternoon (European time) there's less "admin coverage" than in the evenings, because of school, jobs and other daytime activities and because a lot of the admins (not all) are in the same timezones, or atleast close (GMT+1/+2/+3).

I know it can be annoying that at some times there's no admin online. It's part of the reason I applied, because of my study, I have some days on which I can be online in the mornings and afternoons. But you should understand that the admins put their free time into moderating the servers and 24/7 coverage is, in my opinion, something that is hard to realise and can not be asked from BTPro.

Last,I'd like to mention that this is a personal note and is not a response in name of the admin team.
  • vGelder
  • BTPro RETIRED Moderator
  • BTPro RETIRED Moderator
  • Thank you received: 55

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.025 seconds
Best hosting deal on hostgator coupon or play poker on party poker
Copyright 2020 Server Issues? IRC dead? - BTPro - OpenTTD Community.