Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

New VIP Member ONLY Server: 12A, 13A & 15A 7 years 4 months ago #5671

The BTPro Admin Team has decided to make some server on the network VIP only.

The following servers are now ONLY for our VIP members:

-BTPro.nl- #12A -VIP- CITYBUILDER - 8000pop|TEMPERATE|1975-GOAL|NOBRK|NOAIR
-BTPro.nl- #13A -VIP- MINI CITYBUILDER - 4000pop|TEMPERATE|1975-GOAL|NOBRK|NOAI
-BTPro.nl- #15A -VIP- CITYBUILDER with AIR - 25,000pop|TEMPERATE|2000-GOAL|NOBRK

On these servers you can now ONLY start a company if you are a BTPro VIP Member.

The reason why we are doing this is because the BTPro servers get more crowded every day. This means that for the admin team it's getting VERY hard to keep the trolls our of our servers (since we have a life to you know ;-) ). Therefor with a VIP Member ONLY server we make sure that only people who want to play troll free actually can play troll free :-)

More information about our VIP membership can be found here:

openttd.btpro.nl/contact-us/vip-membership

Please note that although ONLY VIP Members can create a company, VIP Members CAN invite non-vip members into a company that they created. This way a VIP member has the possibility to invite friends who are not VIP to play on VIP servers anyway :-)

We hope that with this action the joy to play on our servers get even bigger!

Have fun and enjoy the games!

Best regards,

The BTPro Moderation and Administration Team
The following user(s) said Thank You: ST2, wwoutt, Robertkruijt
  • Frank
  • Frank's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 373

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Frank.

New VIP Member ONLY Server: 12A, 13A & 15A 7 years 4 months ago #5674

Not a complaint, merely me thoughts:

Has anyone actually played in these servers since they were changed to VIP only?

As I guess the majority of people with VIP membership are probably more "serious" players (and I'm not saying all players), it would not make sense for them to ever play these servers.

The reason for that is the 12A and 13A servers are always going to be on 1975 when they start their company, so there will be zero chance of getting a quick time as the towns are small and the SH125 hasn't been "invented" yet...

If, as you say, it was done to lessen the amount of work for the admins then fair enough, but if there was supposed to be a sub-plot of adding something good for the VIP players, then I don't believe it will work (apart from for those VIPs who aren't in it for the quick times). Would it not be better to just remove the servers (or at least a couple of the servers) if the aim is to lessen the admin load?

BC

New VIP Member ONLY Server: 12A, 13A & 15A 7 years 4 months ago #5675

Actually it's funny that you assume we made the VIP servers for the more "serious" players, cause actually we didn't.

More and more we are getting the complain / comment that some players which are playing @ BTPro are so good that people don't have fun anymore because of that. So actually the VIP member servers are NOT for the most "serious" players, but merely for people who just want to play peacefully without a guy in the game winning it in a record time :-)

I really like it that you made the comment though. We want to give players who give something back to the community something more than just a "thank you", we are trying to do it like this.

Hope this makes sense :) Enjoy the games!

Frank
  • Frank
  • Frank's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 373

Last edit: by Frank.

New VIP Member ONLY Server: 12A, 13A & 15A 7 years 4 months ago #5676

... And let the add some thoughts too ^^

Idea is to provide some different things too, like currently the test server #XX (#77), with different climates, start years, goals, newgrfs used, etc.
The idea of, for now, "touch" on the ##A servers it's because are duplicates so, won't hurt, since same settings are on the -A ones. Are places where we give to people that help us, the chance to play with a "bit of peace" on their own pace - fast or slow, alone or not, it's not the matter.

In a current "universe" of 28 BTPro OpenTTD servers, 4 would be unperceptible (1 still for testings) ^^
We could have passworded servers for whatever reason and noone would say a word - I think - but this way is more transparent - All can watch and even non VIP's can be invited/join existent companies. The only requisite is that companies only can be created by VIP's... for the obvious reasons.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wwoutt
  • ST2
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 628

New VIP Member ONLY Server: 12A, 13A & 15A 7 years 4 months ago #5677

Ah, ok.

I've only just come back to the game after a couple of years of not playing so was basing my assumption on the three VIP players I've met in the CB and BusyBee servers who I'd class as "serious"(in so much as they clearly knew what they were doing to get quick times!).

Anyway, was just after an explanation of the logic, so thanks for getting back to me with it. I wouldn't say I necessarily agree with it (if you want to play peacefully and build for a long time I wouldn't suggest playing the 4k or 8k CB servers in the first place), but I can understand why the change has been made.

Good to see after a couple of years that BTPro is still going strong, the whole team is doing a great job (even ST2 seems to be keeping out of trouble ;-) ) so I look forward to enjoying some more games - especially after the Best Times are reset in January so I can get myself on some leaderboards!

Thanks again,
BC

VIP Member ONLY Server: 12A, 13A & 15A - change 6 years 2 weeks ago #6500

Hello BTPronians :)

Guess our VIP players are interested in more challenging games, leaving the #A servers empty most of the times.
So, the #A servers are now not VIP exclusive any more. Settings were kept the same. The comeback is that points given are cut to half - the price to pay for not having NewGRF's but keeping servers available to all, even the new players that NewGRF is like an unknown language ^^

Enjoy the games :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Waldo, Anni, tomb
  • ST2
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 628

Last edit: by ST2. Reason: typo
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.083 seconds
Best hosting deal on hostgator coupon or play poker on party poker
Copyright 2020 New VIP Member ONLY Server: 12A, 13A & 15A - BTPro - OpenTTD Community.