Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Rude Admins 9 years 4 months ago #3730

Recently had an exchange with admin ST2. Previously all my interactions with the admins had been positive... not this one. I was in the TEMP_150 server and I had reset the map 4 times to get a good start and a good map for both myself and other players (however at this time I was the only player on the server). ST2 began giving me instruction rather rudely to which I brushed off. He was explaining how to get a particular seed that I liked, which I already understood. Jokingly I told him the following "you made me mad now, I don't want to play, LOL" (yes the LOL was included. This seemed to set him off to which he had some not nice comments. I explained to him I was joking to which he acknowledged but proceeded to be rude. I would ask that all admins keep an open mind and at least be nice to players. THIS IS CERTAINLY GOING TO MAKE ME RECONSIDER MY DONTATION TO THE SITE next month.

ST2 did mention perhaps I should just NOT BOTHER WITH BTPRO, exit the game and use the single player mode, perhaps he was on to something... :angry: . no need to donate. ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: ST2
  • WOOFERZ
  • WOOFERZ's Avatar Topic Author
  • -=Donator=-
  • -=Donator=-
  • Southeast United States County Boy! =)
  • Thank you received: 2

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Rude Admins 9 years 4 months ago #3733

well, being rude wasn't my intention at all. And I'm sorry if you saw things that way.
my only intention was to show you how to use the !seed trigger and, possibly, make some tests in SP using that seed, to improve gameplay with that seed, even if the map looks ugly. or make SP tests with several seeds (to have a list of the ones you like) and check the seed in the MP game.
and the chat that probably made you creat this post ended like this:
[2014-11-20 05:02:55] <~ST2> 2say if it helps: The current seed is: 150550230   <<-- you can replicate a SP game using that seed
[2014-11-20 05:03:14] <+ttd-srv2> WOOFERZ (Orange): i understand. thank you
[2014-11-20 05:03:28] <~ST2> 2say np :)
for me there wasn't any issue and I haven't got the idea of myself being rude because wasn't my intention. but if you consider that way, I'm sorry for it.
  • ST2
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 628

Rude Admins 9 years 4 months ago #3734

From what I can see in the logs, ST2 didn't tell you to go play in singleplayer, but to restart maps in singleplayer and then if you find a good one, use that seed, so you'd only have to restart the map once. That takes less revotes and won't inconvenience any other players, if there were any.

In my opinion you interpreted ST2's words incorrectly, which made you make the joke about not wanting to play anymore. After that, ST2 only suggests once that there's an exit button if you do indeed no longer wish to play. End of convo, unless it picked up quite a while later?

Besides that, you should understand that not all admins are native English speakers, that includes me by the way. Combined with the written word instead of the spoken word, things get misinterpreted easily, because there's no intonation and no facial expressions going with the written word.

I believe this is just a big misunderstanding and neither of you had any bad intentions in all of this. I hope this is the end of this, but if you feel like both ST2's and my explanation didn't resolve this issue, then please let it be known.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ST2
  • vGelder
  • BTPro RETIRED Moderator
  • BTPro RETIRED Moderator
  • Thank you received: 55

Last edit: by vGelder.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.093 seconds
Best hosting deal on hostgator coupon or play poker on party poker
Copyright 2020 Rude Admins - BTPro - OpenTTD Community.