Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Complaint against ST2 10 years 1 month ago #2708

I enjoy this server, I play on it often when I'm on Openttd. But the treatment I received by ST2, although I imagine was on good intentions, was condescending, immature and ultimately had me not want to play anymore so I reset and left.

Today I was playing and noticed another player station spreading, I reported it to an admin and ST2 arrived to remedy the problem. What happened after is what upsets me.

Once the issue was resolved, ST2 took notice of a coal line I had with trucks. This was a shared coal resource with another player and my depot wasn't being supplemented efficiently with enough trucks.

This is because at the time of developing the line, I did not have enough money to buy trucks to quickly meet the coals demand, so it was slowly developing. Once I noticed and reported the other player, I was distracted by that and I unintentionally left the coal to idle and it reasonably began to look as though I was impeding the other player from the coal resource.

I can see how he interpreted it like that, it's a misunderstanding and I understand, I tried to resolve it, and I did, I suppose. But not without ST2 being insulting to my intelligence. I'm paraphrasing but he would quote his long standing experience and give me remarks along the lines of "yea I don't believe you, that's BS, yea and I'm santa claus" It really made me question his maturity. Resolve the issue, don't hassle me, there's no point to it. I resolved the issue with the coal nonetheless.

Later on after the other player was removed, I began editing my rails, removing redundant bridges that no longer served a purpose. I also built more stations and in one particular, I "moved" a station.

He interpreted this as station spread, but it was my misunderstanding that I thought it would be okay to link a station to a new location and remove the old parts so it was not spread. So that the end result was I moved a station and no harm or rules were being broken. I explained my misunderstanding, he claimed he was not a fool and that I was being a hypocrite who wastes hours playing a game only to risk being reset for breaking easy rules to follow (I'm paraphrasing, but the idea remains the same, there are logs, I hope you guys record them and can see).

He was being unreasonable to the point that I decided it was not worth playing and so I left. I don't know what his objective was by hassling me, but it didn't do anything productive. I tried to explain my misunderstanding, it was an honest mistake and I was eager to ensure I did not play unfairly. I apologize to ST2, I genuinely, sincerely meant to do no harm, but nonetheless.

ST2, I assume being a long time moderator, and of the highest rank on this server. He has somewhat of an image to hold for this server. He is a representative of how this server operates. And his actions, his treatment is very poor for this servers reputation. This is a game, it's easy to leave. I can be banned, I can go somewhere else, but a reputation remains the same forever. I will no longer be a member of your server because I do not agree with the disrespect and indecency you allow. I will not endorse or encourage anyone to use your servers in the future and will encourage against it.

I genuinely hope you change, because this is undoubtedly, quite simply just stupid. Don't hassle people over a game, just resolve the problem and keep respect constant.

Thank you for providing a fun and enjoyable experience up until this point.

- TRiX7
The following user(s) said Thank You: Saber
  • TRiX7
  • TRiX7's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Complaint against ST2 10 years 1 month ago #2709

=((
//Magnus 'Saber' Jonsson
  • Saber
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • FrankerZ
  • Thank you received: 34

Complaint against ST2 10 years 1 month ago #2711

TRiX7, with all the respect,

You called and admin because of satellite stations (correct action); Doing the same was not a correct action from you. Because planting several station parts to extend coverage and remove only the middle ones, leaving the borders is preciselly what rule #8 states. When I told you you removed quickly in fact, wich showed the intentionality of the action.

When your company is made of mostly of long delivery tracks, start competing with opponents industries delivering to the closest industry that accepts the cargo doesn't have the intention of profit but only sabotage the competitors profit. Competition is allowed and encouraged SINCE in the way to help your company reach server goal and not ONLY to prevent other player do the same, aka sabotage - and I remember you that you had 1 coal train... on other position of the map!! And that was when I asked you "what was that short truck's track for?".

For the record, I've never acted/talked unrespectfully, even after all the blabber I listened. I almost could visualize the aureole when you said "I didn't knew that was not allowed". A mistake is only a "mistake" if not knowing the game mechanics, wich is not your case, so, there was intentionality in your actions ingame. And I remark: I dnt believe you if you say the opposite.

Now, to you understand how I behave admining: I don't bother players respecting the server rules!
I have no reasons to ban you and you use many times the word "genuinely" so, I genuinely hope that you understand the server rules, because if respected you won't be disturbed, and in case you called to an attention, don't act/answer as a naive person. Just be yourself! And don't call "hassle" when an admin is trying to make someone respecting server rules (generally speaking).

You could say many things about me, about my actions, but prefered to say I missed respect.

Respectfully,
ST2
  • ST2
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 628

Complaint against ST2 10 years 1 month ago #2734

Unfortunately, I have to add to this.
ST2 has come across this way to me as well. I've called a few times and it seemed as though ST2 held this against me. OTHER players were 'cheating'/not following the rules. For example, in a shared city (I was there first, but that's not the point) I had mail trucks and busses transferring to a train station. Another player joined the city and did the same however placed "full load". Now in rule 5 (from memory) it mentions NO full load on road vehicles in shared cities. I had asked this player many times to change it as I was no longer getting passengers and mail. They did not change. I called for an admin which happened to be ST2. ST2 then told me it was not a rule. I had to point out it was in rule 5, after 5 minutes of me trying to get this point across to him, he made out that that rules was only in place if it was blocking other players vehicles. (which was not to my knowledge and not listed in the rules, so I still question it) he then threatened me with how much power he had, and how he could strict:(he has in past "looked the other way" with some situations I have asked about)- he also mentioned how I wasn't perfect either and that I make mistakes too and to think of this before I call an admin (well duh, I'm no pro. Isn't that what admins are for? for helping and fixing problems?). After he finally got the full load removed, he then went through and pointed out unheard of rules and regulations I had apparently be breaching. I apologised for them and changed them, telling him I was unaware eg. I also had a road line for coal but no trucks, I had to explain it was because I didn't have to money to buy them yet. After all the treats and belittling, he tells me it was fine and I didn't have to change anything......
Now we've crossed paths and had our share of arguments (me holding back as I do not want to be banned) But this day had really done it for me. I felt belittled, angry, confused and deflated and I really didn't want to play anymore. I question consistency and maturity of this admin. When I see that ST2 is the admin on duty I feel disappointed and worried for another clash if I need to call upon him.

Hopefully this will not be held against me (ha) but I just thought I would share as I am clearly not the only one.

Smash.

ps. As for respect. I ALWAYS show respect to admins and people in general, otherwise our confrontations would have gone A LOT different. Respect should also be shown to players, especially regular players - genuinely trying to do the right thing.

Remember: respect is earned and can be lost.

Complaint against ST2 10 years 1 month ago #2735

Smash,
I was reading till I get here: "ST2 then told me it was not a rule."! All arguments you say after has the same accuracy as this one. I really must have hit you with some action, but not the way you say!
Happens that I never (I mean really NEVER said that). "Do not put full load orders on road vehicles in shared towns/cities." it's on rule 5.

Note: You're right, respect is earned! But never raising false testimony!
  • ST2
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 628

Complaint against ST2 10 years 1 month ago #2736

To clarify a bit on rule 5, without joining the discussion on the two complaints in particular. I wasn't there, so I can't judge on these complaints.

The last sentence of rule 5 says "Do not put full load orders on road vehicles in shared towns/cities"

Some parts of that might need a little clarification, since the rules have to be as compact as possible, there's no room to go into details too much, so I'll do that here.

First of all, the shared part only applies if 2 or more players are using the same city or town with Road Vehicles (RV's). So player A can use full load on his RV's if player B doesn't have RV's but only trains in that city.

Second, the rule is primarily meant against blocking, that's why it's in rule 5. It's not because of competition or any other reason, it's just so that RV's don't block the streets during loading too long.
Technically this would mean that if the RV's are not loading in the routes of the other player's RV's, it isn't blocking. But the rule is clear and I believe there shouldn't be any exceptions.

As to this last sentence, I don't want to turn this topic into a discussion on how everyone thinks the rule should be interpretated, different admins have slightly different views on some of these matters, as long as it's minor differences, like I feel this interpretation of this part of the rule is, players will have to live with it, just think about referees in for example football and how some give a freekick for something while others feel the action was just within the boundaries of the rules.

As to the complainst against ST2, I haven't seen these specific situations, but overall I've seen that ST2 can be strict, but fair. The written (typed) word is always harder to interpretate well, especially so when one or both parties aren't writing in their native language. Maybe something was misunderstood or translated the wrong way, please always keep that in mind.
The same goes for ST2 btw, maybe Smash understood you the wrong way and thought you said it wasn't a rule, instead of giving a false testimony.
  • vGelder
  • BTPro RETIRED Moderator
  • BTPro RETIRED Moderator
  • Thank you received: 55

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.030 seconds
Best hosting deal on hostgator coupon or play poker on party poker
Copyright 2020 Complaint against ST2 - BTPro - OpenTTD Community.