Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

banned for 2 weeks for blocking, no warning 8 years 3 days ago #5240

Banned by ST2 for 14 days without even given a warning, no instruction to remove my blocking tile. I was actually in the process of removing my blocking when I was kicked and banned.

I feel this is unduly harsh considering it's my 'first offence'. Wouldn't something like 24 hours be more appropriate?

EDIT: Seeing as there were only two players in the game, including myself, and it was in it's later stages, ST2 basically 'ruined' the game for the other player, in my opinion.
  • Pleb
  • Pleb's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Pleb.

banned for 2 weeks for blocking, no warning 8 years 3 days ago #5241

Pleb, first we need some more info: like said here

second, focus on give correct and true answers to this questions, specially the second one:
Reason why you are banned:
Explain why you should be unbanned:

the fact that you did it knowing was wrong shows malicy. hide/remove the evidences when an admin enters ingame is NOT enough. Your behavior shouldn't happen from the start.

That said, I don't consider you recognize enough your mistake leaving me with no reasons to remove the ban... for now. As said, focus on "Explain why you should be unbanned".
  • ST2
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 628

banned for 2 weeks for blocking, no warning 8 years 3 days ago #5242

How am I supposed to answer that question? All I can say was that it was my first and only offence, you decided that you 'recognised my nick' when you clearly didn't and punished me severely, when something like a 24 hour ban would have had the same effect.

I'm not debating what I did was right, not in the slightest.

What I am debating is that:

A 2 week ban seems incredibly severe for a first offence and was completely without warning. You can see that I am a seasoned player with a history of playing by the rules.
  • Pleb

Last edit: by Pleb.

banned for 2 weeks for blocking, no warning 8 years 3 days ago #5243

something like:
- I will read (again if necessary) BTPro server rules and respect them, fully.
- Similar behaviors won't happen again, apologies to the harmed player, etc etc.

That would be enough. As I said, I don't see regret in your words for your actions taken, sadly
  • ST2
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

banned for 2 weeks for blocking, no warning 8 years 3 days ago #5244

If I knew that I would have been insta-banned for 2 weeks without a warning, then I wouldn't have done it in the first place.

As I pointed out earlier, I've been playing this game for a while so I'm a little shocked that the ban was so severe. It should be evident to you that this isn't something I am going to do again.

Because we have had an argument in the past (about me destroying my own trucks out of boredom) I feel you were unnecessarily harsh in this instance. I'm not disputing that I deserve a ban, I'm just questioning whether the ban length is appropriate.

I would prefer to hear from another admin regarding this, one with a fresh pair of eyes and one that isn't prejudiced toward me.
  • Pleb

banned for 2 weeks for blocking, no warning 8 years 3 days ago #5245

your arguments are based on a harsh punishment and not on regreting what you did. some apologies own too to the player that was harmed. By my side, until you present better reasons to the ban be lifted, I'll keep it. And I invite other admins opinions too ^^
  • ST2
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

Last edit: by ST2. Reason: typo
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.060 seconds
Best hosting deal on hostgator coupon or play poker on party poker
Copyright 2020 banned for 2 weeks for blocking, no warning - BTPro - OpenTTD Community.