Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

unban me please 9 years 1 month ago #4177

I get banned by ST2 about 3 weeks ago, on my several IPs for being annoying. Since then i played more times really fair play, and i really enjoy playing on your servers. My banned IP's (probably some of them) are:
BR,
Tomek
  • tomek
  • tomek's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by tomek.

unban me please 9 years 1 month ago #4178

What guarantees do we have that if unbanned you will not be annoying again?

unban me please 9 years 1 month ago #4180

I am already able to play with different IP and I am playing fair - I am getting my first points :) Do not worry about me - ask the other players about tomek/uno. The thing is that sometimes i just need to invest some time to change my current banned IP, to "free" one.
  • tomek
  • tomek's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0

unban me please 9 years 1 month ago #4181

yes, already saw you playing and looking better.

I've unbanned couple ranges identified as used by you and I'll ask you a simple thing in future games: Respect the server rules, FULLY!

if you accomplish, we're fine :P
  • ST2
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 628

unban me please 9 years 1 month ago #4182

I would like to add though, that working around bans that way is not okay. You were banned, and with a reason. The length of that ban is linked to the seriousness of the commited rulebreak(s).

You can always apologise for previous behaviour and ask your ban to be lifted, you should never sneak around your ban, because when you'll be caught, that usually results in a longer ban and you'll just be annoying the admins, which won't help your chances of ever being allowed to play again or of us respecting you when we do.

So in short, you have been one hell of a lucky dude. I don't know the circumstances of this particular incident, but ST2 was probably in a very good mood, for letting you off the hook without an apology and after trying to work around the bans.

In cases like this, I personally would probably go for a longer ban, or if that doesn't work, just reset the player's every time I saw him/her play.
So let this be a warning to players who get banned in the future, this is usually not the way to get back to playing at our servers again.
Respect our rules, respect the admins and if you're banned and you feel it should be lifted because you will do better, or because you feel it was unfair, come to the forum and discuss it.
  • vGelder
  • BTPro RETIRED Moderator
  • BTPro RETIRED Moderator
  • Thank you received: 55

Last edit: by vGelder.

unban me please 9 years 1 month ago #4183

I totally agree with vGelder's words, and are my moto too.

Tomek actually called an admin ingame to unban some IP's. I answered the call, remembering the previous incidents and after some talks, some specific to his situation, it was me that suggested him to when find a banned IP, to make an unban request here, where I could see the IP used to create the post.

With the condition of he respect server rules, other players and admins, I prefered to end the "cat/mouse hunting". Tomek had a light punishment and he knows that entered the "zero tolerance zone" for his previous actions and that this it is a second chance. Hopefully, he'll take it, will behave and similar things won't happen again.

To end, 3 suggestions to Tomek:
1 - read very well (twice if needed) vGelder's reply;
2 - don't need to place IP's, we can see from where was posted;
3 - if using any proxy, don't even hit the Submit button, can backfire to you;

Aaaannd I think it's all tomek.
  • ST2
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 628

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.106 seconds
Best hosting deal on hostgator coupon or play poker on party poker
Copyright 2020 unban me please - BTPro - OpenTTD Community.