Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

what just happened? 9 years 9 months ago #3150

I was playing on Temperate CB 8k, , had been for awhile...got kicked frm the server and when I tried to log back in it said I was banned from that server.
I was almost complete. Someone who had a higher rank had logged in a few minutes earlier, but other than that I'm not sure what happened.

I was trying to build a road where I had bought out another company earlier and it gave me a message about not being able to build in someone elses claimed land, but that seems like a bug, since I bought the company and that player had logged out long ago.

Anyway, an explanatio would be nice because I feel like someone cheated at my expense.
The topic has been locked.

what just happened? 9 years 9 months ago #3151

Your ban was already lifted again. And yes, you were banned for causing destruction in the area of another company. This is a bit of a bug, if companies get reset, the protected area disappears, but not if they get bought.
It doesn't happen a lot, because buying companies on a CB server is completely useless, but it's a known bug.
The following user(s) said Thank You: porrohman
  • vGelder
  • BTPro RETIRED Moderator
  • Thank you received: 55

what just happened? 9 years 9 months ago #3152

Thanks. The rules seem to be pretty basic here and I couldnn't think of which one I might have broken. I appreciate the help.

what just happened? 9 years 9 months ago #3153

Is it really completely useless to buy a company on a CB-server? Maybe especially to get access to this blocked area alone would make perfect sense.

what just happened? 9 years 9 months ago #3154

Yes, it is completely useless - usually they're up for sale because they're loss-makers, and letting the company go bankrupt and close down would achieve the same objective of freing up the land.

what just happened? 9 years 9 months ago #3155

Yes, if nobody buys the company, it goes bankrupt and will be resetted, so the company land will be freed up.

And indeed, it's a loss-making company and besides that it very likely doesn't serve your companies' goal, because it doesn't contribute to the growth of your town. So I don't see any reasons to buy it, although I can see that someone would like it if they have the money anyway, but on CB I'll advise against it, because of this bug.
  • vGelder
  • Thank you received: 55
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.034 seconds
Best hosting deal on hostgator coupon or play poker on party poker
Copyright 2020 what just happened? - BTPro - OpenTTD Community.