Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

banned for non-existent rule 9 years 10 months ago #3082

Hello

Your name ingame: devilstar
Admin who banned you: tomate (i do not remember, may be not tomate)
Reason why you are banned: banned for non-existend rule
Explain why you should be unbanned:

Today I was banned for non-existent rule. Admin (tomate i guess) banned me because i said that one player is a cheater (and i told why i think so). He claimed that i am insulting other players and there is a rule that i violated (there are no rule for this situation - openttd.btpro.nl/index.php?option=com_ku...=11&id=10&Itemid=604 and openttd.btpro.nl/wiki/index.php/Server_Rules). By the way, i was not insulting other players, i just told my personal opinion, and it should not be forbidden.

What is more, admin sent me to read rules. I read them and do not find any point i violated. So i think that admin (who banned me) should not be admin anymore, as he does not know rules on his own.

Sincerely, Daniel
Sorry for my bad english. It is not my native language

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by devilstar.

banned for non-existent rule 9 years 10 months ago #3085

Hello,

So I guess your understanding of the server rules is as good as your ideas.

To facilitate that process here is the rule that you broke and that I showed you during the game. Maybe you have short memory to remember also:

Rule #1

These are international servers, use English in public chat. Swearing in-game is allowed but offending other players directly is not. Racism will not be tolerated.

You insulted player Banjo by calling him a Cheater for many times. Also for many times I've asked you why was he cheating - I took the time to check if he was or were cheating - and you didn't know how to answer to this question. You only said because that's my opinion.

I told you that you can have an opinion of course but in this case your opinion was directly offending another player ! It's not nice to be called a cheater and you should know better.

Next time you call a cheater to some player know - at least - why and what you're saying.

For those reasons, and specially for the fact that you never seemed to want to change your mind or justify your insults I did a temporary ban on your account and asked you to write an unban appeal.

If you're willing to accept and acknowledge the fact that it's WRONG to call someone a cheater (without any real grounds to it), I'll lift your ban right now.
  • tomate
  • BTPro RETIRED Moderator
  • Thank you received: 6

banned for non-existent rule 9 years 10 months ago #3086

It's a difference of mentalities.
Ok, i agree with you. And i will not tell a single word on this server anymore (except phrase !logix XXXX). Just let me play silently, ty.
Sorry for my bad english. It is not my native language

banned for non-existent rule 9 years 10 months ago #3088

And i will not tell a single word on this server anymore (except phrase !logix XXXX). Just let me play silently, ty

That's a different of mentalities.

By the way, I only asked you to not insult other players, if you heard it as "be muted and silent and don't say a word" that's up to you. Just for the record, I've never muted anyone for their ideas, toughts, or else. As long as it's not offending other players, for me, ITS OK ;)

ENjoy your game
  • tomate
  • Thank you received: 6

banned for non-existent rule 9 years 10 months ago #3089

I share tomate's view on this.
I've looked into the logs and you did repeat your accusation without backing it up with any arguments besides a fast growing town. The player wasn't actually cheating, so to keep insisting on calling him a cheater, even if warned multiple times by tomate to stop it, does qualify as insulting.

I see he already unbanned you , but just so you know, you weren't banned for breaking a non-existing rule, you broke rule #1, remember that.
  • vGelder
  • Thank you received: 55

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.034 seconds
Best hosting deal on hostgator coupon or play poker on party poker
Copyright 2020 banned for non-existent rule - BTPro - OpenTTD Community.