Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Server rule is not offensive, but it is not fair b 7 years 6 months ago #5543

Server rule is not offensive, but it is not fair behavior.

Shown the same behavior does not violate the rule, but can significantly influence the outcome of the game. We need a new rule? :)

• Tankos
  • Tankos's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 6

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Tankos.

Server rule is not offensive, but it is not fair b 7 years 6 months ago #5544

personal opintion:

There are city's with multiple public transportation companies, so why isn't it allouwed in a game?

More rules will ruin the game and server

Server rule is not offensive, but it is not fair b 7 years 6 months ago #5545

when done intentionally, directly and only intending to harm other company profits or town demands, it's considered sabotage, NOT allowed (covered by rule #5), and can lead to a certain company reset/kick/ban by an admin. That already happened, as you saw ^^
The game that made you create this post wasn't a sabotage case: the player was connecting several cities - some also used by you, as the exemplified on the image attached - not caring about the town where he placed his HQ. This isn't sabotage, it's simply an example of a player that doesn't know/understand what's the game goal or how to play it... or don't even know how to play the game itself. Since he respects our rules and other players, I see no reason to take actions on it. With time he'll learn xD

There's no need of any new rule - current ones covers already any type of sabotage actions - sometimes rules feels omnibus/ambiguous... needs to be due the range of servers we have - it's impossible to have/understand/enforce a different set of rules per server xD
I understand that competition on same towns will slow you down and seems unfair when the player isn't using them for his town. That makes you keeping focus on the resources you use and not the gobally actions that the other player is doing.

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Frank
  • ST2
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 628

Server rule is not offensive, but it is not fair b 7 years 6 months ago #5566

I dont see the problem in this.. Green is sending cargo between 2 cities. And not to his own. He gets no advantage whatsoever to even be close of winning. Why are you complaining when you are winning?

I could understand if it was his friends doing this for pure sabotage. But it isnt i dont get the complaints.

Cities are SHARED so you have no claim of em. Anyone can use em. Same as for industries, would you comaplain when someone else is using your coal also?

Its not sabotage man, its competition. If it now looks like sabotage and he earn no bonus to his own town then you have nothing to worry about, as he aint winning?

Also there are PLENTY of cities. Should not be any reason whatsoever to complain about "someone is stealing my pax". Add a second third fourth fifth city to your town. GG!

More shady/inconclusive rules = you ruin the servers.
//Magnus 'Saber' Jonsson
The following user(s) said Thank You: Frank, ST2, Lemonade, tomb
  • Saber
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • FrankerZ
  • Thank you received: 34

Last edit: by Saber.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.029 seconds
Best hosting deal on hostgator coupon or play poker on party poker
Copyright 2020 Server rule is not offensive, but it is not fair b - BTPro - OpenTTD Community.