Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Resetting multiple times in early game 8 years 3 months ago #5002

I've seen people building tracks over vast farmlands and run out of money, then reset and finish the track after starting a new company again. Is this acceptable?

Personally I don't think it's too big of a deal, but when players start doing it 2 or even 3 times then I feel it's a bit excessive.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ST2

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by marinated.

Resetting multiple times in early game 8 years 3 months ago #5003

marinated wrote: I've seen people building tracks over vast farmlands and run out of money, then reset and finish the track after starting a new company again. Is this acceptable?

Personally I don't think it's too big of a deal, but when players start doing it 2 or even 3 times then I feel it's a bit excessive.

and you're right, it's excessive/abusive, violating rule #4 because it's an action that gives the player an advantage, unfairly, when players use several companies to prepare terrain or cleaning unwanted objects.

Similar actions can lead to a reset ingame (when spotted) or loss of game win/points, if that's the case. When a player does it repeatedly, after being warned, can even get a tempban of some days to think about his actions.
This usually happens on hard servers where loan is shorter, but feel free to report when you spot similar abuses.

Note: when a player resets and use a different start/way, it's totally acceptable :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: tomb, marinated
  • ST2
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 628

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.024 seconds
Best hosting deal on hostgator coupon or play poker on party poker
Copyright 2020 Resetting multiple times in early game - BTPro - OpenTTD Community.