Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Rule 5 - no sabotage 8 years 6 months ago #4863

well but every comepeting is about decreasing someones´ income and slowing him not to win..

I very often join games which have been running for several years...and the only way for me to have a chance to win is to compete others to decrease their income
so if competing is not desired here, just tell me and I will not do it
if there are some conditions please tell me
(f.e. ..you can´t compete transporting the shortest possible way..)

I am not trying to find the way how to bypass the rules, I´m trying to get some anwsers so I can play without the risk of being reseted or banned.
  • acoma
  • acoma's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Rule 5 - no sabotage 8 years 6 months ago #4864

when stealing goods from me, when starting the game (you have many alternatrive) and do station where I do, and that 3-4 games in a row, you make my station every station (and say it's competitors) 4-5 games in a row and when I call and say it's sabotage admin ... and permanent punishment gives me !!!!! :) So is the ... sabotage :)

Rule 5 - no sabotage 8 years 6 months ago #4865

Competition is not the same as sabotage. Competition on primary industries is allowed on our servers, that's not an issue.

Rule 5 - no sabotage 8 years 6 months ago #4866

I did not said that! I know that competition is allowed, but at the start to the end you keep only for me (which I do station, hop it), 5 or more games do the same, and in the game are only to him, notIt is sabotage? I think so ! miss not love :)

Rule 5 - no sabotage 8 years 6 months ago #4867

Well recently I was told that even competition on primary industries can be called sabotage if I am transporting right to the nearest secondary industry.

It was about coal, another player had a main line built on it, so I started to compete for that coal - I transported it to the nearest power station only to decrease his income.

So was it competition or was it sabotage?
  • acoma
  • acoma's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0

Rule 5 - no sabotage 8 years 6 months ago #4868

it's sad that so many people don't understand OpenTTD and specifically some server goals.
and saying that compete with someone to slow his income, is unhealthy (option 1), when the idea of the game is to increase your income (option 2), competing, if necessary. this distorted idea of the game goal (option 1) creates bad environment in the games because it's the negative approach to reach the game goal.

not all has to be written in the rules and when someone plays in a way that causes malaise in the game spirit and fun, admins act. So, acoma, if you can't be better that others unless with dirty competition, just tell me, and I'll suggest you to go play somewhere else. because I'll work to keep games fun and enjoyable to all, keeping away persons who play negatively causing bad environment on games and servers. you, same as cortex, are testing rules edges and most important, my patience.
  • ST2
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 628

Last edit: by ST2. Reason: typo
Time to create page: 0.029 seconds
Best hosting deal on hostgator coupon or play poker on party poker
Copyright 2020 Rule 5 - no sabotage - Page 2 - BTPro - OpenTTD Community.