Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Rule 9 10 years 2 months ago #2501

Water-borne resources WILL be transported by the use of SHIPS only. You may raise land to build a harbour to service multiple oil rigs.

shoould get any love, sounds that transporting water-borne ressources is not allowed at all, what is not the case.

maybe write it like this:

Water-borne resources WILL be transported by the use of SHIPS first. You may transfer them to trains later. Raising land to build a harbour to service multiple oil rigs is allowed.
  • Talib
  • Talib's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Rule 9 10 years 2 months ago #2502

Thank you Talib for your suggestion :)

rule 9 needs some more/different words there, indeed (imo). I've been working on getting a better rule set (improved, I hope^^) to when 1.4.0 comes out... and this is my idea (for now) to rule 9: "Water-borne resources MUST be taken by the use of SHIPS only (Air vehicles in industry station is acceptable). Transfers to other types of stations are allowed. You may raise land to build a harbour to service multiple water-borne industries."

what do you think? looks better?
Edit: added "(Air vehicles in industry station is acceptable)" because oil rigs works similar as a station... since accepts helicopters and have coverage... like a station.

all suggestions are welcome :)
  • ST2
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 628

Last edit: by ST2.

Rule 9 10 years 2 months ago #2516

sounds better :)

maybe shorten it a bit: "Water-borne resources MUST be taken by the use of SHIPS or Air Vehicles only. Transfers to other types of stations are allowed. You may raise land to build a harbour to service multiple water-borne industries."
  • Talib
  • Talib's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0

Rule 9 10 years 2 months ago #2518

I want to keep "Air vehicles in industry station is acceptable" to avoid someone build an airport to take all cargo there. The "in industry station" part it's because oil rigs works like a station... Not easy, but a way to prevent things escalate, I think :)
And ofc, it's been done thinking not only in oil rigs... it's meant to cover all possibilities, even when using some undustries provided by newgrf's, as FIRS, for example.
thank you for your suggestion :)
  • ST2
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 628

Last edit: by ST2. Reason: typo

Rule 9 10 years 1 month ago #2586

Problem with this rule is that it doesnt fit well with the higher goal servers. You have too little boats for it to even be effective. Also boats rating is sick low making oil rigs useless.

My 2 cent about this rule.
//Magnus 'Saber' Jonsson
  • Saber
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • FrankerZ
  • Thank you received: 34

Rule 9 10 years 1 month ago #2590

In my opinion, without this rule, oil is overpowered on temperate, now when you've reached ship limit, you'll have to use other resources to reach the goal (or wait longer).
  • vGelder
  • BTPro RETIRED Moderator
  • BTPro RETIRED Moderator
  • Thank you received: 55

Time to create page: 0.031 seconds
Best hosting deal on hostgator coupon or play poker on party poker
Copyright 2020 Rule 9 - BTPro - OpenTTD Community.