Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Re: is this ok? 11 years 7 months ago #1233

as I said... it's a suggestion... starting from the end, but I guess catched more attention and curiosity this way... or not! :P
Now, screenshot related: player got stations fixed after I told him to and explained why was not fair to other players the actual provision/coverage of his stations.
Teckers got the point ( wiki.openttd.org/Game_mechanics#Cargo_delivery_to_stations ) and it's quite common sense but, as player mentioned... it's not on the rules (vaguely on the official OpenTTD multiplayer rules, like it is implicit the 1 way train trick). And most of online servers mention this situation specifically because few players knows the game mechanics and have no ideia that cargo is only supplied to the 2 best rated stations. Meanwhile I didn't wanted to send him to n-ice detailed rules link or his brain would be even more messed up, due some differences on them :D
I think Ivanoz was already predicting what would be my suggestion. ^^
Could be, for example: "Competition is encouraged, but limited! You don't own cities but you CAN claim a factory, people can compete with you for any resources in a city BUT may NOT compete with yourself or steal goods a factory produces with supplies from a competitor!"
  • ST2
  • ST2's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 628

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by ST2. Reason: typo

Re: is this ok? 11 years 7 months ago #1234

It's because you always put things like "PS: I know the answer for it... and why! And Frank will know it too! So... is more like rhetorical question" in with your what you say. That line of text is unnecessary and rude.

Anyways have you stopped to consider that this player did it unintentionally, thinking he wanted a rail station to service each of the water supplies? It's not worthwhile to do self competition and nobody really does it. I get your point but this sort of thing doesn't happen often at all but if it does then it will be dealt with accordingly.
  • cxc
  • BTPro RETIRED Moderator
  • BTPro RETIRED Moderator
  • Thank you received: 35

Re: is this ok? 11 years 7 months ago #1236

Relax cxc :-) hold your horses ;-)

I think ST2 didnt want to offend anyone with this one line, and to be honest, i didn't know actually until st2 pointed me to this subject on the link he provided :-)

I must say i like it that ST2 is sometimes checking our servers when there is nobody around to do so and reports us back what was happening in a particular situation. I don't think he does this to upset anyone right?

Now, let us just all live in harmony and be happy we have each other ;-) lol

PS: cxc, im not saying you or not right or defend ST2, i just THINK he doesnt want to upset anyone :-)

Re: is this ok? 11 years 7 months ago #1237

I have to agree with CXC here..

And a little note about effective admining: The point of the admins is so that everyone can enjoy the servers free of people trying to ruin games for others. I think a newbie player would not understand a rule of 'no competition with yourself' and so (in my opinion) this is best not explicitly stated in the rules - uncluttered rules are best so the more important rules ARE followed.

If the player started to actually get good and was using this as an unfair advantage to win every game, that is the time to say something. (or if another player makes a complaint of course)

We could of course write out an extended set of detailed rules to supplement the others, but mostly its 'play fair and be nice to others' is all we expect :)

Last edit: by Teckers.

Re: is this ok? 11 years 7 months ago #1238

my bad and my sincere apology for making the suggestion
let the situations escalate and only then take action does not seem a wise decision
didn't wanted to upset anyone
  • ST2
  • ST2's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 628

Last edit: by ST2. Reason: typo
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.031 seconds
Best hosting deal on hostgator coupon or play poker on party poker
Copyright 2020 is this ok? - Page 2 - BTPro - OpenTTD Community.