Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Moderator Application - Ben 7 years 5 months ago #5649

In-game name: Ben
Time-zone: MEZ/MESZ, GMT+1/GMT+2 (Berlin, Germany)
Have you ever been banned? If yes, why?: I never was banned.
Have you read the rules and agree to follow them: Yes, of course.
What times are you most active?: Can vary in a big range. Depends on fun.
Sex [Male/Female] : Male.
Why do you want to be a moderator, And why should we make you one?:

Hard question. If you want some help on support or gameplay, I can offer my help. Not more, not less. I've been playing Transport Tycoon since it was released first in 1994 and so I know mostly every advantage-giving hint or trick in the gameplay, legal and illegal. When playing online I'm trying to be a very fair player, often not competetive-only and I try to help (new?) players struggling with the game as long as I have time. Like we all did I encountered some situations with other players which block or crash my road vehicles (I don't build these anymore due to that, only when absolutely necessary) or sabotaged my long big-buck-tracks with very short lines in order to draw resources from mine. I know how frustrating this is, especially if there is no admin online to help. My goal would be to get offensive players accepting the rules and playing with them without deleting their entire company in the first place as I've sometimes seen by other moderators. It might be the easiest way, but I don't know if this makes these players accepting the rules in future games. I know this is a hard goal which can't be archived every time (patience is gone after some time when a player still resists to care about the rules), but I think it's worth a try.

Maybe I want to get an "own" server within the BTPro network, as you created a very good platform already. But sometimes while playing I'm fighting around with some limits (like the terraforming limit) I would like to test if these are really necessary or could be set on a higher limit. I also have some other goals in mind, like a higher cargo goal. Unfortunately I'm not very good in C/C++ programming, but very good in PHP. I wrote an entire text-based MMOG in the era they where popular. I also hosted this game on an own server and was leading the ingame moderator team.

If you have some questions just ask.
  • Ben
  • Ben's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderator Application - Ben 7 years 5 months ago #5650

Ben , thank you for your application :)

As I already told you: IRC presence is the most important factor because it's where we manage and control the servers and any issues (even if potential). But you know that, since already been there ;)
And ofc, 2 other reasons: you see how things work and we know you a bit better that can help us taking a decision :)

We always recommend a dedicated IRC client (HydraIRC, IceChat, AdiIRC, mIRC or any other).
Ask us if you need any help setting it up and any doubt you have on how to deal with all those commands.

Cya in there :)
  • ST2
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 628

Moderator Application - Ben 7 years 4 months ago #5711

Cancel application please.

It seems that there are enough admins available at this time and I encountered some problems with the rules and maybe rule exceptions (rule #3) that I cannot complain with.

Thank you for your confidence, maybe I renew this application later when there are more admins needed or if an issue shows up where I can really help.

Ben.
  • Ben
  • Ben's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0

Moderator Application - Ben 7 years 4 months ago #5715

Sorry to hear that :(

Rule 3 is quite simple and the only exception is for BB goals (quite understandable due the gameplay of this GS).

Thank you :)

Edit: Moved to Denied applications by Ben's decision
  • ST2
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 628

Last edit: by ST2.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.028 seconds
Best hosting deal on hostgator coupon or play poker on party poker
Copyright 2020 Moderator Application - Ben - BTPro - OpenTTD Community.