Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

The OTTD Tips Thread 8 years 2 months ago #4998

it's a good trick indeed

I've only mentioned that's not accepted - and not edited the post - because even if not accepted in our servers, it's a good tip for another places or single player :)
  • ST2
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 628

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

The OTTD Tips Thread 8 years 1 month ago #5044

Picture

Station Movement without CTRL key

Hello again! This time i got a picture showing how to move a station without utilizing the CTRL key which you would normally do to be sure it will get moved.

Times when this can be useful are for example when "adjacent stations" is disabled, where you will have to physically via station spread move a station sign, which would also work of course unless there is not already a station blocking the path you are going towards, which would make you use this trick instead.

This can also be very useful in CityBuilder games where you mess around with a lot of stations in Town.

HOW TO: You simply delete a station to get the grey sign (27~ days before expire, dont slack ^_^), which will make it eligible for movement with the next station you place IF it is inside the manhattan distance radius around the initial sign tile. (radius shown in picture by railway tracks)

The radius I have found to be 7 no matter what settings the server uses.

Happy moving around! =)

//Saber
//Magnus 'Saber' Jonsson
  • Saber
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • FrankerZ
  • Thank you received: 34

The OTTD Tips Thread 8 years 2 weeks ago #5119

Picture

Placing additional stations/platforms where you cant

New trick incoming. Showed to me by dP. Impressed as i were i need to share this to the rest who plays on BTPro, where this mainly can be helpful as CTRL = New station by default which is annoying yes?

So if you look at the picture, i want to make a new platform for my train station but i cant build there because it adjoins 2 other stations.

However if you drag your station from the train station tile (or other station you want to spread) towards the tile you want it on, it will be placed. As it then knows what station its connected to.

This will indeed help me in harsh times when i have many stations close to each other. Hope it will help YOU too! =)

//Saber
//Magnus 'Saber' Jonsson
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tobus, tomb
  • Saber
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • FrankerZ

Last edit: by Saber.

The OTTD Tips Thread 7 years 11 months ago #5173

Hello! Here's a little tutorial/guide on how to earn more from your trains/planes. Up to a whopping ~41% more income per train/plane for using diagonal aligning of stations. The tracks themselves dont need to be diagonal, this is important to note.

The pictures shows an estimate degree(angleº) how diagonal your station alignment needs to be to earn ~xx% more income.

Small scale(estimate only): i.imgur.com/tZLAO4a.png

Large scale comparison1: i.imgur.com/IKIP2Vz.png

Large scale comparison2: i.imgur.com/RzrCix9.png

Further explanation: i.imgur.com/mNv5LOX.png
//Magnus 'Saber' Jonsson
The following user(s) said Thank You: ST2
  • Saber
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • FrankerZ

The OTTD Tips Thread 7 years 11 months ago #5183

Nice tip Saber - how much more expensive is it to build the diagonal tracks?

The OTTD Tips Thread 7 years 11 months ago #5185

Tobus wrote: Nice tip Saber - how much more expensive is it to build the diagonal tracks?

Each tile in my game costs £90.

To earn the same income diagonally as compared to a non-diagonal line you would use the same amount of track pieces. Example: i.imgur.com/nDQXHI9.png

For trains to reach the same length on a diagonal line vs non-diagonal you will pay ~40% more for your tracks. Example: i.imgur.com/6SSMaoa.png

However for that ~40% more cost in tracks you will earn ~40% more income from the cargo.

As an example my Train of 360 tonnes of Coal over a stretch of 100 tiles earned 25,630. Track expenses for this line was 9000 (100*90). My profit on the first arrival is then 25630/9000 = 2,84 (184%) excluding the train costs.

This being true also for diagonal lines where you will earn the same amount. Example: i.imgur.com/YYmapr9.png

While you might be earning the same profit as a non-diagonal on your first train arrival, this is not true for consecutive trains running on the same track behind the first one. Most of the time if you got 500k GBP you will start at least 3 trains from close to the same area, then connecting all those to the main line going towards the drop-off station.

This is how you utilize the money to your full advantage at the start, NOT making a separate line per train but trying to share the same line at the beginning to maximize the income versus the track expense.

About diagonal delivery delay. Even though your non-linear diagonal lines will be just as long in tiles, they waste time in which you could be slow delivery penalized. Example: i.imgur.com/DUpzIPb.png

Train 3 having the straightest track is close to half-way back when Train 2 arrives at delivery station.
//Magnus 'Saber' Jonsson
The following user(s) said Thank You: tomb
  • Saber
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • FrankerZ

Time to create page: 0.033 seconds
Best hosting deal on hostgator coupon or play poker on party poker
Copyright 2020 The OTTD Tips Thread - Page 4 - BTPro - OpenTTD Community.