Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Rule number 3 8 years 6 months ago #4634

Hello,
i have one question about this rule, cause, ti happened to me when i was playing. If i transport some raw materials to factory, and some other player, do that thing too, transport raw materials to same factory, why just only one of us can transport the goods? From a logical point of view, both of us would take the goods, but its depend on the amount. I think, that it is too much advantage for the player whoes take it.
I want to discuss about that, and maybe slighly change it.

Maybe my english is not excellent but, i think that you gonna understand anyway. Sorry :-D and Thanks!
  • Maydlo
  • Maydlo's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Rule number 3 8 years 6 months ago #4635

Rule #3 exists to keep games fair. OpenTTD don't give accordingly to what each company deliver, therefore it's unfair 1 company have 1 truck delivering raw materials and another company 16 trains (example only) and both load goods. And it's impossible measure that because OpenTTD itself doesn't.

So, as I said, to keep games fair, the logic is first come - first served, the first company building a station AND delivering, has the right to the secondary/tertiary cargo(s) of that industry. Other companies can deliver but NOT take goods from there. Unless the player on the company with the goods' rights expressly allow that.
Most of the online communities/servers have rules like this because, and I emphasize this point, is the fairest way for all companies and players.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Maydlo
  • ST2
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 628

Rule number 3 8 years 6 months ago #4636

Yea, i know, 1 truck and lot of trains is a difference, but thats what i want to talk about, for someone is it advantage if there are some players who donate that factory. So, what about slighly change the rule, that you can use it, but reasonably. Something like, if you transport there 1 train of raw materials, then you can take 1 train of goods... Maybe its little bit difficult for admins to care about that, but the advantage will be gone. Thats my opinion.
  • Maydlo

Rule number 3 8 years 6 months ago #4637

Maydlo, the goods train (from donating company) would pick up goods even if that company didn't provide raw materials as the other company is delivering raw materials there which is producing goods which will load onto any Goods thing waiting to load goods if you get what I mean.

EDIT: Plus an admin would have to constantly watch the two companies to make sure the donating one doesn't sneak out some extra goods. Wonder who thanked me? (Bit off topic but oh well)
I do not accept random friend requests.
Discord: DanH_#1699
  • DanH
  • I love cookies!
  • Thank you received: 6

Last edit: by DanH.

Rule number 3 8 years 6 months ago #4638

But its same on both sites, Am i right?
  • Maydlo

Rule number 3 8 years 6 months ago #4639

Yes, all goods trains or trucks in both companies would wait for any goods to load.
I do not accept random friend requests.
Discord: DanH_#1699
  • DanH
  • I love cookies!
  • Thank you received: 6

Time to create page: 0.030 seconds
Best hosting deal on hostgator coupon or play poker on party poker
Copyright 2020 Rule number 3 - BTPro - OpenTTD Community.