Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Cargo Server - company value too low - WTF?! 9 years 2 months ago #3955

Hi!

Would only say that when the goal is to transport cargo, I'll just transport cargo, regardless of the money earned. After the first line is running there is no need to go for more money because you have more than you could spend.

So why I'm getting a message like you didn't score points because of company value too low?! Maybe you should think about this in the future, for me it's over with playing cargo servers. Maybe other players experiencing the same feelings like I do...

Thanks ...
  • Ben
  • Ben's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Cargo Server - company value too low - WTF?! 9 years 2 months ago #3956

that message appears because all processes to make it fully working are not yet done. It includes creation of new DB fields and update of some plugins used by the server (this part not complete yet).
That's why the server keeps the (TESTING) word on it's name.
Anyway, I've created this temporary page to see how some values are recorded.

Ben, next time have a bit more calm, please. There are people working hard to provide the games and make things function properly. I hope you recognize that and thank you for your understanding.
  • ST2
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 628

Last edit: by ST2. Reason: typo

Cargo Server - company value too low - WTF?! 9 years 2 months ago #3988

Tried again - same problem. Company value doubled compared to the previous game. Didn't help.

I know it's a test server, but getting no points on points-related servers and web pages is a pretty serious kick in the butt for every competetive playing member.

I think it can't be that hard to disable the points-preventing feature, or just let it write its data to a logfile so that it can be calibrated without negative consequences to the players.
  • Ben
  • Ben's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0

Cargo Server - company value too low - WTF?! 9 years 2 months ago #3989

Hi Ben

You will get the points! But the cargo server is just really slow at updating the points at the moment. we are working on finding out why. but until then please keep playing if you like the cargo server, you will get your points just not as fast as the other servers.

Cargo Server - company value too low - WTF?! 9 years 2 months ago #3991

I guess Ben missed the link on my first reply...
  • ST2
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 628

Cargo Server - company value too low - WTF?! 9 years 2 months ago #3992

I think previous replies made it all clear, but just in case.

First of all, the server has Testing in it's name, that should be the first clue, it had testing in it's name when it was server #99. Everything except the automatic scoring stuff was ready, so it was all changed up a bit, added as server #31, but still testing.
All the results get saved and ST2 manually puts the points in whenever he can.

So before you attack us, because you did, you should also look at your own actions. You didn't report a possible bug, no, you got angry with us, twice. Even worse so the second time, because if you had just checked out the page that ST2 put in his first reply, you could've seen that you had gotten points for your first game there.

We work hard to make this community a nice place for everyone to enjoy playing OTTD. And mind you, every single one in the BTPro team does this in their free time, we don't get paid or anything, we do this because it's fun and we all want to provide this service for others. ST2 puts a lot of time, together with a few others, in developing new stuff for the community, and the people who rent the servers for us even 'lose' money on this. So next time, please, before you come at us angry, keep this all in mind and just try to report a bug nicely and see how we respond first.

Thank you.
  • vGelder
  • BTPro RETIRED Moderator
  • BTPro RETIRED Moderator
  • Thank you received: 55

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.034 seconds
Best hosting deal on hostgator coupon or play poker on party poker
Copyright 2020 Cargo Server - company value too low - WTF?! - BTPro - OpenTTD Community.