Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Re: Suggestion: Weekly tournament(s) 11 years 9 months ago #1103

The question is not really about how difficult it is to load a new plugin, that's easy. It's more the question how difficult it is to CODE a new plugin for tournament use...
You see, in this new plugin alot of new features need to be created like a timer when to start new games and to pause the game and KEEP IT pauzed when there is no tournament game running (even though people ARE joining the server and trying to start a company).

So, that's why i'm saying: all suggestion are welcome so that I can make a list of features for the plugin which need to be created...

Let me know if you have a few :-)

Frank

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Suggestion: Weekly tournament(s) 11 years 9 months ago #1105

Ah, now I understand :)

You think of making a tournament server (which is probably the best sollution). I first had in mind just taking over one of the other short goal servers (like server 4) converting it for tournament just before the tournament stated, then putting it back up to normal after (which probably had to be done manually).

Anyways, requestment wise:

1) Ladder for points achieved in tourneys.
2) Number of 1st placements
3) Number of top 3 placements
4) Win rate (wins/games played)
5) Finish rate (finished games/games joined) I think there should be a bonus to finish games in tourneys so players wont quit once the see they wont win (say to keep a good winratio).
6) Max loan 100K (could be fun and more demanding?)
7) Points earned in tourneys should also be added to the overall BTPro score (to make tourneys even more tempting).

MadMike

Re: Suggestion: Weekly tournament(s) 11 years 9 months ago #1115

Where is the 'like' button? This is a fantastic idea!
I'm thinking:
temperate climate, similar map to the short goal servers.
best CV 1985 - 2000 wins
$400,000 max loan
512 X 512
20 ships, no aircraft, breakdowns
max train size = 20

Great thinking MadMike!
Good luck Frank.

YardKing42

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.025 seconds
Best hosting deal on hostgator coupon or play poker on party poker
Copyright 2020 Suggestion: Weekly tournament(s) - Page 2 - BTPro - OpenTTD Community.