Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Aphid's v117 on testing 8 years 1 month ago #5093

hello BTPro players :)

This news will be interesting to players that like challenges among Citybuilders:

After couple weeks on testings, server #XX is finally open to public test of Aphid's CB gamescript v117 ( GS topic here ) merged with the server controller software that we use.
Server was already tested with Temperate, Tropic, Arctic, Toyland, by themselves, and using FIRS, ECS and YETI newgrf's too.

Currently server #XX is open to all, with a population goal of 30K (check Storybook for demands), using YETI newgrf. Maybe later we can try Emma Watson newgrf for interesting games :)

Any suggestions or bug reports, please reply to this post. Good luck all and enjoy the games :)

Our special thanks to Aphid, the Gamescript author - all this is possible thanks to him. Thank you very much :)

Edit: Goal changed to 30K
The following user(s) said Thank You: Frank, tomb
  • ST2
  • ST2's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 628

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by ST2.

Aphid's v117 on testing 8 years 1 month ago #5100

well, the goal remains 30K (for now ^^)

changes are:
- Distributes lowered to 25%;
- All main demands lowered by ~10%;

NEW town Required cargoes:
- Machinery: after 8500 (20/1000);
- Uranium: after 11000 (10/1000);

Since it's a test server and special cases appeared, consider this changes to the regular rules for our server #XX, and accordingly to common sense too ^^:

- Related to regular rule 3 - on YETI's is: to "compete" on an industry, deliver much as the competitor, before take production from industries;

- Exchange Merchant industry, despite of a water based one, rule 9 don't apply here (note: exception to ONLY this test server #XX); - needs to be funded on water grounds - sea, lake or canals;

Demands were a bit lowered to keep game balance with the introduction of new cargoes needed, and can be checked on StoryBook (2nd page).
The following user(s) said Thank You: tomb
  • ST2
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

Aphid's v117 on testing 8 years 1 month ago #5103

Machinery + Uranium... another challenge!
Distributes lowered = should be a little bit easier to reach the goal.

About rule 3: No need to change, in my opinion. There are so many secondary/trietrary industries, so why share them? It is not a busy-bee, where goal location is choosen randomly (moreless).

Anyway: Server script is great. The game gives lots of fun. Everyone should try to play it! Great job, BTPro team!
The following user(s) said Thank You: ST2
  • tomb
  • -=EPIC Donator=-
  • -=EPIC Donator=-
  • Thank you received: 234

Aphid's v117 on testing 8 years 1 month ago #5106

well, since YETI totally replaces industries, I got thinking to myself: Why not make it with random climates?! Bang... After all, it's only a scenario change... to don't get always the same ^^

Also, lltrainset.grf was added and start year changed to 1990. This allows the drill of change to TGV in 1993 and ICE3 in 1996 :)

Anyway, Test server = all suggestions are welcome :)

Enjoy the games :)

Edit: Toyland excluded
  • ST2
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

Last edit: by ST2.

Aphid's v117 on testing 8 years 3 weeks ago #5159

Finally I found some time to play it again. With Machinery and Uranium. And it took me more than 3 hours to complete the game. I have to practise more :cheer:

Anyway, since I'm still confused with Yeti industries and cargos, I've prepared a little picture. Maybe it will help somebody to understand Yeti. Here it is:

Enjoy!

Note: Scaled down after uploading, it looks worse than the original, no clue how to fix it
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Frank, ST2
  • tomb
  • -=EPIC Donator=-
  • -=EPIC Donator=-
  • Thank you received: 234

Last edit: by tomb. Reason: note added
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.032 seconds
Best hosting deal on hostgator coupon or play poker on party poker
Copyright 2020 Aphid's v117 on testing - BTPro - OpenTTD Community.