Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Help! 6 years 10 months ago #6047

Ok, so I'm new to the entire city-builder concept, although I have been playing TTD for a while. And so I decided to start on a town fairly close to the centre of the map for easy expansion. I chose one that looked okay, and placed my headquarters there. I have a few questions:
1. The town has NO industries of any level, other than passengers and mail. Will that make it impossible for me to progress?
2. I need to deliver coal to the town, but how can I do that if there is no power station?
3. What is storage, anyway? If that's how many units I've delivered, does that reset each month or never?
  • BelSon
  • BelSon's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Help! 6 years 10 months ago #6048

First of all: open 'Story book', please, by clicking the book icon. Read 'City Builder Requirements' to see what your goal is on chosen server.

Now, answers to your questions:
at. 1. You can progress when the town does not produce anything than passengers/mail. You can take cargo from industries of different towns/cities.
at. 2. You have to deliver coal to the power station belonging to your town, e.g. if your town is named "Brinnley" you have to deliver coal to "Brinnley Power Station". If your town has no power station, you can fund it, but you probably have no money at the beginning of the game. So, you should choose the town which already has power station. (in CB games funding is usually used to place the bank in your city).
at. 3. You can always deliver more cargo and the city can keep it, and use when needed. However getting cargo from the storage does not guarantee full speed growth fof the city - you have to deliver cargo evenly, month by month.

To learn more you should enter the server when someone experienced plays the game, take a closer look at it, and ask questions. I'm sure players will help you understand what you need. You can also review forum threads. There is a lot of info here!
The following user(s) said Thank You: ST2, rdstm
  • tomb
  • -=EPIC Donator=-
  • -=EPIC Donator=-
  • Thank you received: 234

Help! 6 years 10 months ago #6049

Okay thanks. So I have to basically play as if it was normal, until I have the money to fund a power station, and then put that in the town's area. And then repeat for the other industries. I might as well just abandon the game for someone else to finish it or create another company with which to complete the goals. Thanks for the answer.
  • BelSon

Help! 6 years 10 months ago #6050

tomb already said it all ^^

I just wanted to add a complement:
- As tomb said, always check StoryBook before claiming a town:

- It's suggested to claim a town already with necessary industry(ies) to accept initial demands (PowerPlant on Temperate maps, Water Tower on desert, etc). The latter demands, you'll have cash to fund needed industries but the initial ones... always pick a town with them ^^

- If, by mistake, you claim a town without them (initial needed industries), I think it's better to claim a different town that wait for cash to fund them. But that's my opinion.

- You can !reset and create another company, picking another town. What we suggest is NEVER create multiple companies to help others created by you too. It's considered cheating and not allowed by Rule #4 .

And I think it's all. If any doubt remains, navigate forum threads or post your issue. Enjoy the games :)
  • ST2
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 628

Help! 6 years 10 months ago #6056

I checked the story-book after claiming my town, but it only had the first goal. I'll check it before claiming towns in future.
Yeah, I learnt that second point the hard way. I was just wondering if it was possible to win, and how difficult it would be to continue without the first necessary industry.
I didn't know I could claim another town. I'll do that rather than continuing with the town I'm currently in. I'm assuming I lose claim over the town I un-claim?
Or I should possibly reset the game. I didn't know I could, but I do now. My plan with starting another company wasn't to help the one I was currently running, it was so that I could abandon that company and start afresh. But now I know it is against the rules, I won't do so.

Thanks for your reply!
  • BelSon

Help! 6 years 10 months ago #6057

You can click on that book icon (left from flag) and select there City Builder Requirements, there it shows all the things town will need(shown on ST2 post)
It is always easyer to start when the town has first nessesary industry. But you can start without them too. Make good moneyline first and then fund nessesary industry in town you prefer. And yes you can claim another town in game, but lose claim over the town you un-claimed. And of course the second option is to reset and start new, then the time will start again.

Last edit: by Anni.
Time to create page: 0.031 seconds
Best hosting deal on hostgator coupon or play poker on party poker
Copyright 2020 Help! - BTPro - OpenTTD Community.