Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Town demands not mentioned in Town UI 7 years 3 weeks ago #5920

Hey guys, in some servers like server 27 towns need a monthly demand of passengers. It's only mentioned in the storyline, which most players don't read. Is it possible to show that demand in the town UI too?
~Play on

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Town demands not mentioned in Town UI 7 years 3 weeks ago #5921

idea is not bad but, currently, town GUI is already struggling with too many text strings and parameters.

I consider that players adventuring themselves into server #27-#30 (medium-hard CB's) are already comfortable with taking a look into the Storybook and making asap inner traffic (bus/trucks) for 3 reasons: company ratings, helps fulfil town pax demands and the obvious inner traffic to avoid Stagnant growth.

I'll check what I can do but, when most of the players don't even read the information that appears when creating a company or claiming a town, probably will remain like this.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lee14141
  • ST2
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 628

Town demands not mentioned in Town UI 7 years 3 weeks ago #5922

Thanks for the reply. It's true that most players do not read enough information, but i was helping a player yesterday: he ran into the problem that his town wasn't growing while the normal demand of coal was delivered. He couldn't find why it wasn't growing so he did an admin call. I helped him find the storyline, he found it and played on, but if i hadn't helped him he would've probably left. If a demand in a unexpected place makes people leave, then, for example, make the unexpected place more clear by mentioning it in the town UI. In that way people get to know otherwise unused menu's and might search in there for answers before placing an admin call or even leaving.
I understand the struggles with the town UI, but is there no other menu in which demands are shown, which can be used instead of the town UI?
~Play on

Town demands not mentioned in Town UI 7 years 3 weeks ago #5923

Lee14141 wrote: I understand the struggles with the town UI, but is there no other menu in which demands are shown, which can be used instead of the town UI?

• ST2
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

Town demands not mentioned in Town UI 7 years 3 weeks ago #5924

As i already mentioned, most players don't read that one. Maybe clear out the town UI and put the demands in the story book only, with the town UI only containing instruuctions on how to open storybook?
~Play on

Last edit: by Lee14141.

Town demands not mentioned in Town UI 7 years 3 weeks ago #5925

That's why we have easier CB modes. If a player can't find that menu, probably Aphid's CB servers are a bit too hard for them
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lee14141
  • ST2
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.030 seconds
Best hosting deal on hostgator coupon or play poker on party poker
Copyright 2020 Town demands not mentioned in Town UI - BTPro - OpenTTD Community.