Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Town needs coal? 7 years 3 months ago #5713

I am trying to play a CityBuilder with a goal of 12.000 population. I have a problem. Town needs coal. How do I supply it with coal? There is no Power Plant in the claimed town... I looked online and didn't find an answer.

Thanks. :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Town needs coal? 7 years 3 months ago #5714

You need to send the coal to the Power Station that belongs to that city. You don't have to deliver it to the station that services the town (the houses), you just have to transport it to the station that accepts the cargo in question (in this case Coal) to a station that has the name of your city in the title.

Town needs coal? 7 years 3 months ago #5716

Complementing parakompetisn 's words:

It's quite similar on the Desert CB's and there's no Water Tower in claimed town...
In all cases, ou have 2 solutions:
- Fund the needed industry (not cheap);
- Claim a town with the necessary ones;

There's some situations when a cargo is needed is in an advanced state of the game and company is already financially comfortable to fund new industries (thinking about bank(s) on server #27, for example). So, best way is to check town demands and it's sequence (Storybook -> 2nd page), because you want that claimed town have the necessary industries to accept demanded cargoes at start.

Hint: Always start with "money lines", for several reasons! Money lines are medium/long lines (gives more cash) - some ppl start with City to City pax transportation, other players start with longer lines to deliver coal to claimed town. Before you "babysit" your town... think about profit! Will be needed later to Advertise, Fund new buildings or fund new industries.

And it's what I recall now. Hope it helps :)
  • ST2
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 628

Last edit: by ST2. Reason: typo
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.047 seconds
Best hosting deal on hostgator coupon or play poker on party poker
Copyright 2020 Town needs coal? - BTPro - OpenTTD Community.