Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

City won't grow faster. 7 years 8 months ago #5477

Thank you, ST2, for clarifications. I will help in finding the bug when you start a test server based on #28, but keep in mind, please, that I'm starting my long-awaited vacations on September the 1st. So I can help you this month, then I'm off for 2-3 weeks. (Hurrah! ^^)
  • tomb
  • -=EPIC Donator=-
  • -=EPIC Donator=-
  • Thank you received: 234

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

City won't grow faster. 7 years 8 months ago #5478

update:
- since server #28 was a real GS crash, it was stopped and settings moved to server #XX. The gamescript itself have a bunch of changes (noticeable on the 3rd page of the Storybook, for example, among other ones - logging stuff, mostly ^^). That's why the server, even a test one, will give points and with a higher multiplier - to compensate the brave testers ;)

Feel free to report here or directly to me on IRC about how things go. All reports/suggestions will be welcome :)

About the mentioned 1st group of servers... soon will be created a new test server to another try of catching that elusive growth bug cause. When that test server goes live... I'll notify.

Thank you for your understanding :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: tomb
  • ST2
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 628

City won't grow faster. 7 years 8 months ago #5481

"That's why the server, even a test one, will give points and with a higher multiplier - to compensate the brave testers" - you know how to encourage people B) I'm in! As soon as I've got free time. Today evening, I hope :side:
  • tomb
  • -=EPIC Donator=-
  • -=EPIC Donator=-
  • Thank you received: 234

City won't grow faster. 7 years 8 months ago #5482

Thanks for your time to make this amazing game better. :)

I've a suggestion.
The screenshots shows that the games where running for more than 25 years, while the most of the games will end within 10 years. I suspect that this could be one of the causes of this problem.

Is it possible to build up a test server with a game which will run for at least 25 years?

City won't grow faster. 7 years 8 months ago #5483

well, currently we have all our servers working as START YEAR -> GOAL, no matter how many years will take (being precise, servers will force the restart at year 5000... but never saw a server getting there :D)
  • ST2
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 628

City won't grow faster. 7 years 8 months ago #5484

I'd think the game running for 25 years is a result of the problem, not the cause - it's impossible to finish a game within 10 years if the growth rate is stuck at 40 days.

Time to create page: 0.028 seconds
Best hosting deal on hostgator coupon or play poker on party poker
Copyright 2020 City won't grow faster. - Page 2 - BTPro - OpenTTD Community.