Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Points? 10 years 1 week ago #2943

Layouts? You mean town layouts? If that's the case, it's not true. Some layouts work better, so that way your town grows fasters, which will get you more points.

You get a bonus for winning, besides that it's mostly time-based. The faster you finish, the more points you get. You also get more points for starting late, so starting after the starting date of the server.

A very small portion of the points, if I'm not mistaken, is received for having a good performance rating (amount of stations, loan paid off, amount of vehicles, etc.).
The following user(s) said Thank You: queops
  • vGelder
  • BTPro RETIRED Moderator
  • BTPro RETIRED Moderator
  • Thank you received: 55

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Points? 9 years 5 months ago #3720

Does anyone know the formula for calculation of points?

Its strange because I won some games on server13 - CB 4K Temp and got different points.

Time Played - Years Played - Points
1) 01 Hrs, 00 Min - 4yr - 7p
2) 00 Hrs, 55 Min - 4yr - 6p
3) 01 Hrs, 00 Min - 4yr - 4p
4) 01 Hrs, 15 Min - 5yr - 7p

I fail to see the system :/

Points? 9 years 5 months ago #3723

Hi Long,

The whole formula will be kept a secret, however, I can give you some pointers on what the formula will take into account when calculating:

- Company Value
- Time taken to reach the goal
- Number of Vehicles used to get to the goal
- The actual goal (Number of inhabitants of the City you build)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Long

Points? 9 years 5 months ago #3732

I am also somewhat bemused by the scoring system. I am really enjoying playing and I feel I am improving my times (just got my first 4k CB win in under 1 hour) but still only getting 6 points for it when others take longer but get more points.

So in regards to number of vehicles, is less better or is more better? Also, there is conflicting views as to whether company value matters or not. Does the number of competitors also have and effect?

It doesn't bother me massively but it would be nice to know how to score a few extra points on top of just winning quickly!

Points? 9 years 5 months ago #3735

Al right, I will try to be a little bit more specific, but the actual formula contains a lot of "divide by", plus, minus, etc.

Here we go:

We have a few specific formulas which are taken into account, like:

PlayTimeRelation = GameLengthYears / Playedfor

This formula fixes the fact that starting later "could" give you an advantage because newer vehicles are faster, which would be unfair against players who started from the beginning :-)

Then, we have:

ValueToPlaytimeRelation = CompanyValue / PlayedFor

This formula calculates in how many time you brought your company to a higher level, this is also being calculated in Citybuilder Games to give the good players an advantage / bonus in points over people who just want to score quickly with only supplying the demands which are actually needed for your towngrowth.

So, with this in mind the formula takes the following into account:

- Company Performance
- Population at Goal Reached (also when you are not the winner obviously to give the points you deserve)
- PlayedFor (How long did it take to reach what you reached)
- ValueToPlaytimeRelation (See description a little bit up)
- CompanyVehicles (How many vehicles were needed to achieve what you achieved)
- PlayTimeRelation (See description a little bit up)

Then, in the end we have a "Score Multiplier", which basically means that BTPro made an assessment on difficulty for each server, According to that difficulty BTPro can decide if a small bonus is in order :-) For example for hard servers or new concept servers we could decide to multiply the number of points with 1,5 or even 2 (double points).

All aspects above makes a formula which finally calculates the number of points each player deserves.

So indeed it could be well possible for people to get less points while they have the idea that they played better or faster, this could be due to companyvalue, performance, etc etc.

I hope this clears things up a bit ;-)

PS: For the comment about scoring some extra points you need to take all the upper things into account, so basically, the answer is: "There is no specific way to score quickly some extra points" on the quick points question of LJBrzozka ;-)

Cheers! :-)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chizzle, ThePhoenix

Points? 9 years 5 months ago #3736

Thanks! That has cleared it up a lot.

I am happy to work to earn more points and its nice to know what areas I should be focusing on! B)

Time to create page: 0.046 seconds
Best hosting deal on hostgator coupon or play poker on party poker
Copyright 2020 Points? - Page 3 - BTPro - OpenTTD Community.