Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

What would everyone like added to citybuilder? 10 years 8 months ago #2051

Dear BTPRO,
I would like to share my experience at CB servers
First of all, I would like to thank you for your efforts to make OPENTTD game process as much interesting as possible.
Secondly, I would like to share some thoughts.
1. Goal for city builder
The current goal (4K and 8K) is not interesting to play as the motivation disappears as soon as players load the city with 1K of passengers, 500 mail and 500 Goods (it is enough to keep 8K city). A normal player can reach those parameters in 3-4 years of TTD time. They have nothing to do, but just observing as city builds itself for the rest of the time.
HERE OUR INTREGE IS DEAD.
All other players if they were a little bit slower or appeared 1-2 years after game beginning have to abandon the game as there is no hope to make it.

I would like to offer time limit (for example 12 years of TTD time) and the winner will be the one who has the highest population at the end.

2. At the moment, we have only 3 sources to bring to the city. I think it harms a gaming process and competition between players.

I would like to offer the following:
To make all resources dependable from population:
Example:
To start a city building process you should supply the following (Temperate)

0-250 pax – bus service, coal service to the city power station. (required amount is growing accordingly with city population)
From 250 pax – mail service (required amount is growing accordingly with city population)
From 1000 pax – goods (required amount is growing accordingly with city population)
2500 pax – valuables (required amount is growing accordingly with city population)

A constantly growing requirements will make a gaming process more interesting and will influence on constant desire to make a biggest city ever.

3. Allow to build multiple industries and concentrate them at any place of the map.
4. Allow to build separate stations with the same name to cover more industries with in a 7*7 station and not building a full 7 lines stations.
5. Limit the amount of trains to 150, ships to 20, trucks and buses – 300, Aircrafts to 20
I hope you will find my offers interesting.
Of course I’m not trying to teach you or to make a revolution, but may be you will apply some changes or add smthing else to make our super game more interesting to play….
Regards, Groovie from Russia

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

What would everyone like added to citybuilder? 10 years 8 months ago #2052

Well if you want to play 'normal' citybuilder then try the desert ones. They are much harder.
And about making the temperate citybuilders better, they are on it, however it needs time. A lot.
  • NaB
  • Thank you received: 6

What would everyone like added to citybuilder? 10 years 7 months ago #2053

Well, its kinda like you are trying to make a lada drive 300Km an hour.
Gamescripts are limited by the limitations which the openttd team put in it. If you look at the gamescript documentation here:

nogo.openttd.org/api/1.3.2/classGSCargo.html

You will see that we are limited to what the API for gamescripts provide us. Therefor its unfortunatly not the call of the BTPro team if we implement more demands. Offcourse we are willing to do so, but we have dependancies.

Offcourse we are working hard to make the CB experience better and better, but please bear with us, cause as NAB is saying, it takes time, ALOT of time.

I hope this makes it clear why it would be hard to implement.

Best regards,

Frank
Server Admin

Last edit: by Frank.

What would everyone like added to citybuilder? 10 years 7 months ago #2054

Im enjoying the CB-servers much! Best thing to do at the moment is getting the servers back online again ;)

They seem to be offline..?

Greetz, Snow

What would everyone like added to citybuilder? 10 years 7 months ago #2056

Being sorted now :)

No idea what happened, but were trying to figure it out.

Apologies for the downtime everyone.

HS
The following user(s) said Thank You: Snow1984

What would everyone like added to citybuilder? 10 years 7 months ago #2057

Server up and running. Already played a game again on CB #13.

49 minutes, 29 seconds.
Save game1

And 47 minutes, 51 secords. My new record.
Save game2

Greetz, Snow

Last edit: by Snow1984.
Time to create page: 0.033 seconds
Best hosting deal on hostgator coupon or play poker on party poker
Copyright 2020 What would everyone like added to citybuilder? - Page 3 - BTPro - OpenTTD Community.