Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Rule Breakers 6 years 10 months ago #6064

1) I guess there is a mussunderstanding. I m not trying to justify rule breaking. I want to make a point, that station spreading is something different than making biggers station than you need (at some point in the game) if you are going to use them later and it helps you to plan your network.

2) Yes. It is image taken on BTPro servers. I think that all of those 3 types are rule breaking. 3rd is clear station spreading. 2nd one-- you never use that smal station, so why is even there? and 1st one.. that is a tricky one. Seems legit, but still you are gaining an advantage, because it should be 2 stations. If it was just one station, passing trains needs to slow down. In this example they dont have and thats a huge advantage.

The original post is trying to change the station spreading rule to something else.. but I think there is no need for that. Yes ppl will be cheating and getting banned. Not everyone.. But I guess the need for that is because they dont have the required skill. Once you learn a few mechanics in TTD there is litelary no need for cheating here.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Rule Breakers 6 years 10 months ago #6065

Your picture:

2 and 3 (middle and bottom) Spreading NOT Allowed anywhere on any server.

1 (top)

The actual rule states

Do not station spread with airports, docks, train or road vehicle stations to extend coverage area to additional resources including towns and cities unfairly.

I do not believe 1 is unfair, this station is not gaining anymore coverage than a 4 lane station placed there, however it is more visually pleasing, something that on the whole the game is not. Given that All tiles are in use by the same player I have no problem with it, if there was a 2 tile blank gap between the stations then I would take issue because that would be spreading
The following user(s) said Thank You: tomb

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.025 seconds
Best hosting deal on hostgator coupon or play poker on party poker
Copyright 2020 Rule Breakers - Page 2 - BTPro - OpenTTD Community.