Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Ignoring rules "normal" because "everyone does it" 8 years 8 months ago #4458

Hey,

I recently started playing on BTPRO servers, after taking the rules into account very seriously.
I joined a CityBuilder server, and immediately noticed a team with players actively demolishing buildings in their own town.

I reminded them of rules #6 and #10

The answers i got were "[player name] is an admin so he would have stopped me if it wasn't allowed" (player name "wwoutt")

and:

"Everyone does it all the time, only noöne ever complains about it"

So, are these rules to be followed or to be ignored?
I really don't know what to do with this.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by GrumpyGinger. Reason: got player name of the rule-ignoring Admin wrong

Ignoring rules "normal" because "everyone does it" 8 years 8 months ago #4459

hi,

Rule #6 exists, mostly, for public Towns (not claimed) and Cities, to avoid town destruction to place a station closely town center.

About remove buildings in claimed town, I don't see any issue. And I'm actually surprised that you complain about it. Could be bad if happens in public towns/cities but if happened in their claimed town... they were doing a favor to you, don't you agree?

Well, sarcasm aside, it's a common behavior, accepted and recommended, destroy in your claimed town all Fountains, Parks and Statues. Reason: gives 0 population to town and occupies good located tiles.

Hope it gets clear to you now :)
  • ST2
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 628

Ignoring rules "normal" because "everyone does it" 8 years 8 months ago #4460

Yes, thank you, this is clear.

But what about rule #10?

As I said this was one of my first games on these servers. Trying to do my best to not break any rules including rule #10 (All rules still apply on your claimed town).

So I refrained from demolishing buildings, having to build around inconvenient building placements. I thought this was part of the challenge. Needless to say that the players who constantly created 3x3 grids (not only destroying parks etc. , also houses etc.) had a much easier time managing their town.

Maybe it's an idea to edit rule #10? Because now it clearly states that demolishing buildings in your own claimed town is strictly forbidden. While it seemingly is allowed. This causes confusion. Especially for new players who may be taking the rules very seriously.

Last edit: by GrumpyGinger. Reason: bit more info

Ignoring rules "normal" because "everyone does it" 8 years 8 months ago #4461

That is true, it is confusing for new players! ST2, I would also recommend changing rule #10 so it doesn't confuse new players and it was me and wwoutt destroying stuff in our town!
I do not accept random friend requests.
Discord: DanH_#1699
  • DanH
  • I love cookies!
  • Thank you received: 6

Ignoring rules "normal" because "everyone does it" 8 years 8 months ago #4469

Perhaps With Destroying some cities still are allowed, such as 1 piece of home, to put the best station location
i=i=ii
I like This Game For Refresing in Other work
Wong Indonesia Iki Asli

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.028 seconds
Best hosting deal on hostgator coupon or play poker on party poker
Copyright 2020 Ignoring rules "normal" because "everyone does it" - BTPro - OpenTTD Community.