Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Rule 7 9 years 3 months ago #3906

RipRinus wrote: Well, the thing what bothers me the most, if i would've used a 7 tiles long train, the reach of the station would be even bigger. So really, there is no profit to this kind of a station. And i was told these kind of configurations are always prohibited, no matter what the situation is.

You couldn't have used a 7-tile station, because you used 5-tile trains. If you had used a 7-tile station and 7-tile trains, your station would've had to have been further outside the city anyway, so this argument is flawed.

RipRinus wrote: I posted this picture because you said, i quote, a 5 tile station should 5 tiles long, no longer, i asked why it was prohibited you said to go to the forum, and so i did

And yes, we draw a line. You brought up the clarity of the rules yourself in our conversation. And if I have to go check for every non-uniform station if there's a advantage, especially in cities, it would take a lot of extra time and effort.

So yes, I did indeed say that a station like you showed in the picture in your first post is against the spreading rules too. Would I let it go if it was one station in an entire game and that wouldn't spread to an industry? The answer is yes, I probably would. That would be in the same way as a player buying one piece of land in a place where it bothers nobody, maybe on accident because he meant to place a sign. Or I would let full load orders on RV's in a shared city go because it doesn't bother either player and the routes of the RV's don't go past the other player's station.
So yes, maybe not all admins are always 100% strict on the rules, if that bothers you, you can complain about that and maybe we will adress it, but as to this situation, you had multiple of these non-uniform stations, including some that were actually spreading over a city and that's why I told you to fix them.

And yes, for the short answer, see above ;)
  • vGelder
  • BTPro RETIRED Moderator
  • BTPro RETIRED Moderator
  • Thank you received: 55

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Rule 7 9 years 3 months ago #3907

but, if i would've used a 7tile station, the spread would be even bigger, so if i do that it isnt considered station spread, but if i make it smaller so i can make shaped like that, it is stationspread.. this, is what you call illogical in my opinion. and more of all, when we are talking about situations, and Vgelder would have looked good at it, he/she wouldve seen that i didnt had any profit out of it, as the station already covered all of the town where it was placed, the extra 2 didn't add anything, and the town could not have grown much bigger because it was a 4k CB game and those are over in 30-40 min

Rule 7 9 years 3 months ago #3908

RipRinus, I was expecting an answer to my question...
  • ST2
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 628

Rule 7 9 years 3 months ago #3909

vGelder wrote:

RipRinus wrote: Well, the thing what bothers me the most, if i would've used a 7 tiles long train, the reach of the station would be even bigger. So really, there is no profit to this kind of a station. And i was told these kind of configurations are always prohibited, no matter what the situation is.

You couldn't have used a 7-tile station, because you used 5-tile trains. If you had used a 7-tile station and 7-tile trains, your station would've had to have been further outside the city anyway, so this argument is flawed.

yes i could've there was enough space for it, decided not to do it and 2 houses grew there

Rule 7 9 years 3 months ago #3910

ST2, i shaped them like that because, i donĀ“t know if you ever really looked at a trainstation in real life, you would notice, they are all kinda shaped like that, so what you call irregular, i call absolutely normal

Rule 7 9 years 3 months ago #3911

each country, in REAL LIFE, have their own laws and use that argument is like saying that you demand drive your trucks on the left side of the road only because you're british (only an example)
OpenTTD is a game (transport SIMULATOR) with own rules and each community extend them with their own ruleset to enforce a fair gameplay.
Hopefully you'll notice the difference between real life and a game and respect the rules applied on each one.
  • ST2
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 628

Last edit: by ST2.
Time to create page: 0.032 seconds
Best hosting deal on hostgator coupon or play poker on party poker
Copyright 2020 Rule 7 - Page 2 - BTPro - OpenTTD Community.