Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Rule 7 9 years 2 months ago #3898

So, im told this counts as station spreading. Why?
i don't see how this is a big deal, i just like the looks of it..

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by RipRinus.

Rule 7 9 years 2 months ago #3899

Well, i'm no admin, but if you were told by one it was probably due to the proximity of nearby industries, and by, using the station in this way you made that station, it covers more than one normal station would of covered.

However, whilst i appreciate you included a screen capture, which is benefical for any explanation, it would of been more helpful if more of the visible area was included as to determin what other industries could be the issue.

Therefore, because i personally can't see more of the visible area, that station to me looks fine, i've seen alot worse which "conforms" to the rule.

Either way, an admin should also re-post to this.

Rule 7 9 years 2 months ago #3900

Well, the thing what bothers me the most, if i would've used a 7 tiles long train, the reach of the station would be even bigger. So really, there is no profit to this kind of a station. And i was told these kind of configurations are always prohibited, no matter what the situation is.

Rule 7 9 years 2 months ago #3901

Well, the station I specifically commented on was at a city, which changes it. You're being a bit unfair towards the admins and me in specific by posting a screenshot of a similar station, but at one single industry, where a weird station like that doesn't spread to anything else, so it isn't unfair.

One side note before I go to showing what was actually the case and that is that those non-uniform stations are not needed at all, and if you want to use 5-tile trains, your station can be 1x5, 2x5, etc, but there's no need to make it in a weird shape like that to make it longer. If you make it like that and it does include an extra industry it otherwise wouldn't, it's spreading. Ofcourse this goes for cities too.

Now in the pictures provided below, you can see that if you use 5-tile trains, but have a station like this, including a transfer station for bus and mailtrucks, you create a catchment area of 11x15, while it should only be 11x13. This means it's spreading. I think that's pretty clear, but you would have none of it ingame, so here are some visual aids to make my point:

Attachments:
  • vGelder
  • BTPro RETIRED Moderator
  • BTPro RETIRED Moderator
  • Thank you received: 55

Last edit: by vGelder.

Rule 7 9 years 2 months ago #3904

I posted this picture because you said, i quote, a 5 tile station should 5 tiles long, no longer, i asked why it was prohibited you said to go to the forum, and so i did

Rule 7 9 years 2 months ago #3905

I fully agree with vGelder and, unless you have unremovable objects in the way (transmission towers, lighthouses, etc), all this situation comes down to this question:
- Why the stations are made with irregular shapes if the tracks are so straight?

The answer will explain when it's considered illegal station spread (includes esthetic excuses when no real functionality added - unless the obvious increase of the station coverage ^^)
  • ST2
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 628

Last edit: by ST2.
Time to create page: 0.033 seconds
Best hosting deal on hostgator coupon or play poker on party poker
Copyright 2020 Rule 7 - BTPro - OpenTTD Community.