Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

station spread definition 10 years 7 months ago #2175

The station spread used to be 3 in a line max in cities and towns in the older versions of the rules. In this new rule set it simply is a "use it or lose it" methodology.

As Mulder correctly said in the previous message, if you have 4 bus stops and only 2 buses servicing it then the additional 3 bus stops you built arent being used. Hence only giving a coverage area bonus, which goes against said rule. However if you had 20+ buses using it and all 4 bus stops were in use nearly all the time then it would be perfectly acceptable to have the 4 bus stops.

Basically we have removed the limitations that used to be in effect to help cope with the removal of road vehicle station spread on CityBuilder servers. This also allows road vehicle stations to go round a corner (so long as all the stops are in use nearly all the time) in a city or town.

Please remember though it remains the judgement of the admin, that is in game at the time, whether he deems there to be excessive station spreading or not. Though I'm sure most of you will be able follow this methodology with great success.

Regards,

cxc
Server Admin
The following user(s) said Thank You: ST2
  • cxc
  • BTPro RETIRED Moderator
  • BTPro RETIRED Moderator
  • Thank you received: 35

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

station spread definition 10 years 7 months ago #2176

Hmm, thx for the replies.
  • NaB
  • Thank you received: 6

station spread definition 10 years 6 months ago #2308

Hey all,

I've added a printscreen to this message, from one of my citybuilding games.

I ussually use busstations and lorry stations within towns this way: in a cross.

I've seen many players building their stations in this way. Some admins allow this, some don't.

Is this allowed?

Greetings, Broken and Late
Attachments:

station spread definition 10 years 6 months ago #2309

From cxc's post above:
"This also allows road vehicle stations to go round a corner"

So yes its allowed.
  • NaB
  • Thank you received: 6

station spread definition 10 years 6 months ago #2319

well, station around corners don't seem to be the problem... but there's some questions and matters involved too:
1 - are number of station tiles balanced with number of vehicles using it?
2 - are station sizes equal/balanced for the same ammount of vehicles? (the loading ones and the others where cargo is transfered to - remember that loading and unloading takes the same time, since full load orders in public towns is not allowed)

the above questions are related and the answers are the solution for the case.
so, in the spread.jpg, what answers you get to the above questions?

in advance, sorry to asnwer with more questions... and continuing: Does it seems fair occupying ALL city center roads with own stations?

this are some of the questions an admin makes to himself... and the asnwer provides a solution for his actions. As you know... it's impossible to set a specific value to each player option. but we hope players can make and answer to them the same questions :D

hope my questions helps a bit ^^
  • ST2
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 628

Last edit: by ST2.

station spread definition 10 years 6 months ago #2325

Thanks for your awnser ST2.

There's also the option not to build 8 station tiles in the example above, but only 4: one station on each road.

Thing is, i've met a few admins in the the last few weeks who told me:
it's against the rules to build 4 or 8 stationtiles in city centers like this ánd/or
it's against the rules to build bus or lorry stations around a corner ánd/or
you have to use seperate lorry and busstations for passengers and mail
...or thought the example in my printscreen was fine.

I don't mind what rules we "choose", but the difference in how admins judge this situation is huge. That's why I hope we can come to clear rule that we can all agree upon...

My proposal is that building 4 stationtiles (bus and lorry) in a city center will be allowed at all times, and 8 (or even 12) íf the stationsize/ammount of vehicles is remains balanced.

What do you guys think about this?

Time to create page: 0.032 seconds
Best hosting deal on hostgator coupon or play poker on party poker
Copyright 2020 station spread definition - Page 3 - BTPro - OpenTTD Community.